El Diario Montañés
|Publisher||Editorial Cantabria S.A.|
|Founded||1 August 1902|
El Correo Español
El Diario Vasco
|Website||El Diario Montañés|
History and profileEdit
El Diario Montañés was first published on 1 August 1902. The paper is part of Grupo Vocento. The other newspapers owned by the company include ABC, El Correo, El Diario Vasco, La Verdad and Las Provincias, among the others.
El Diario Montañés is published by Editorial Cantabria S.A. in Santander. The paper was the official media outlet of the World J80 Championships held in Santander between 4 and 11 July 2009.
During the 2009-2010 period El Diario Montañés was one of the best-selling regional newspapers in Spain with a circulation of 33,374 copies.
- "Historia de El Diario Montañés". El Diario Montañés (in Spanish). Retrieved 24 April 2015.
- "Vocento, number one in the Spanish press". Vocento. 7 July 2009. Retrieved 24 April 2015.
- Victoria Carrillo; Ana Castillo; María Jiménez-Fernández (2012). "The boom and the establishment of "blogs" in online regional press in Spain". Observatorio (OBS*) Journal. 6 (4). Retrieved 15 May 2015.
- Rosario de Mateo (1989). "The Evolution of the Newspaper Industry in Spain, 1939-87". European Journal of Communication. 4. Retrieved 24 April 2015.
- "El Diario Montañés". Publicitas. Archived from the original on 18 May 2015. Retrieved 24 April 2015.
- "El Diario Montañés to be official newspaper of World J80 Championships". J80 Worlds. 18 May 2009. Retrieved 24 April 2015.
- Miguel A. Pereyra; Hans-Georg Kotthoff; Robert Cowen (24 March 2012). PISA Under Examination: Changing Knowledge, Changing Tests, and Changing Schools. Springer Science & Business Media. p. 292. ISBN 978-94-6091-740-0. Retrieved 24 April 2015.