El Bosque, Chile
|Coordinates (city): Coordinates:|
|Founded||28 November 1981|
|• Alcalde||Sadi Melo Moya (PS)|
|• Total||14.1 km2 (5.4 sq mi)|
|Elevation||587 m (1,926 ft)|
|• Density||12,000/km2 (32,000/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC-4 (CLT )|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-3 (CLST )|
|Website||Municipality of El Bosque|
According to the 2002 census of the National Statistics Institute, El Bosque spans an area of 14.1 km2 (5 sq mi) and has 175,594 inhabitants (86,435 men and 89,159 women), making the commune an entirely urban area. The population grew by 1.6% (2,740 persons) between the 1992 and 2002 censuses.
- Other statistics
As a commune, El Bosque is a third-level administrative division of Chile administered by a municipal council, headed by an alcalde who is directly elected every four years. The 2012-2016 major is Sadi Melo Moya (PS). The communal council has the following members:
- Víctor Downey López (PS)
- Patricia Arriagada Núñez (UDI)
- Margarita Urra Valerio (PC)
- Sebastián Vega Umatino (DC)
- Manuel Zuñiga Aguilar (PS)
- Luis Morales Ramírez (PPD)
- Aliro Rojas Reyes (PS)
- Roberto Larenas Cuellar (RN)
Within the electoral divisions of Chile, El Bosque is represented in the Chamber of Deputies by Mr. Tucapel Jiménez (PPD) and Mr. Iván Moreira (UDI) as part of the 27th electoral district, (together with La Cisterna and San Ramón). The commune is represented in the Senate by Soledad Alvear Valenzuela (PDC) and Pablo Longueira Montes (UDI) as part of the 8th senatorial constituency (Santiago-East).
The El Bosque airport serves El Bosque commune.
- "Municipality of El Bosque" (in Spanish). Retrieved 10 December 2010.
- "National Statistics Institute" (in Spanish). Retrieved 8 September 2010.
- "Chile Time". WorldTimeZones.org. Archived from the original on 11 September 2007. Retrieved 13 September 2010. Cite uses deprecated parameter
- "Chile Summer Time". WorldTimeZones.org. Archived from the original on 11 September 2007. Retrieved 13 September 2010. Cite uses deprecated parameter
- "The Trajectories of Human Development in the Communes of Chile (1994-2003)" (PDF). Government of Chile, Mideplán (in Spanish). UNDP. Archived from the original (PDF) on 7 July 2011. Retrieved 13 September 2010. Cite uses deprecated parameter
- (in Spanish) Municipality of El Bosque