Ek Aastha Aisi Bhee
Ek Aastha Aisi Bhee is an Indian Hindi television drama, produced by Shoonya Square Productions. The series starred Tina Philip and Kanwar Dhillon. It premiered on 3 April 2017 on Star Plus and aired from Monday through Saturday during the Star Plus Dopahar (afternoon) programming block. The series ended on 30 September 2017 with the discontinuation of the Star Plus Dopahar block.
|Ek Aastha Aisi Bhee|
|Genre||Indian soap opera|
|Created by||Shoonya Square Productions|
|Directed by||Dharmendra Sharma|
|Country of origin||India|
|No. of episodes||156|
|Producers||Dheeraj Sarna |
Ved Raj Shrivastav
|Running time||23 minutes|
|Original network||STAR Plus|
|Picture format||576i (SDTV) |
|Original release||3 April –|
30 September 2017
The series revolves around Aastha, an atheist girl from Manali, who gets married into a very religious family in Kolkata and tries to save the family from Guru Maa's ploys. Aastha's and Shiv's love is meant to be. Radhika, Shiv's ex-girlfriend comes and destroys their love by creating misunderstandings between them. Shiv wants Aastha to stop his marriage with Radhika. But Aastha thinks that if Shiv loves her he will not marry Radhika. Shiv and Aastha love each other a lot but are unable to tell each other. Radhika and Gurumas plan fails when Astha exposes Radhika through the use of a recorder. During their engagement, Astha uses technology to show how Radhika conspired against the whole family to obtain her interest (money - rather I say). After Radhika is exposed, gurumaa says that she wants to do 'arti' before she leaves the household to which the members retaliate. But, on Asthas convincing, the family members agree. Gurumaa gives prashad which contains sleepy pills. In the parallel scene, Radhika comes in Asthas room and holds her up against the wall with a knife. Arguments continue between Lakshmi Gurumaa and others. Eventually, Shiv rescues Astha under the pretext of marrying Radhika. The show ends on a happy note that a person's character cannot be judged based on their religious views. An atheist person can be a good human and a religious person can be a bad human.
- Tina Ann Philip as Aastha Shiv Agarwal and shiv's wife.
- Kanwar Dhillon as Shiv Govind Agarwal: Aastha's husband. He also played the recurring role of Om Govind Agarwal: Shiv's twin brother.
- Sharanpreet Kaur as Guru Maa, known also as Sandhya
- Palak Pusarwani as Radhika, Guru Maa's daughter and Shiv's ex-girlfriend
- Vivek Mushran as Govind Agarwal (Shiv's Father)
- Manasi Salvi as Lakshmi Govind Agarwal, Shiv's mother and Govind's wife
- Hemant Choudhary as Nandlal Agarwal, Shiv's uncle and Govind's younger brother
- Manisha Dave as Jaya Nandalal Agarwal, Shiv's aunt and Nandalal's wife
- Mayank Sharma as Angad Nandalal Agarwal, Nandalal and Jaya's son
- Sameeksha Sud as Janki Angad Agarwal, Angad's wife
- Anita Kulkarni as Sharda, Aastha's mother
- Nikhil Sharma as Ashok, Aastha's brother
- Vaani Sharma as Gayatri Govind Agarwal
- Abhinav Kapoor as Balwan Agarwal, Shiv's brother. Balwan is the adopted son of the Agarwal family.
- Ambika Soni as Runjhun Balwan Agarwal, Balwan's wife and Aastha's sister
- Rashi Khanna as Aastha
- Tottempudi Gopichand
A fire broke out on 9 August 2017 which destroyed some parts of the sets while none got hurt.
Tina Philip and Kanwar Dhillon were cast as the leads. Besides Sharanpreet Kaur, Manasi Salvi, Pallavi Rao, Anita Kulkarni, Palak Purswani, Lilly Patel, Supriya Sarna, Vivek Mushran, Abhinav Kapoor, Hemant Choudhary, Manisha Dave, Mayank Sharma, Samiksha Sud, Nikhil Sharma, Vaani Sharma and Ambika Soni were cast then.
With the serials in the afternoon block not being able to garner the expected numbers in its ratings, the channel shut the show on September 30, 2017.
- "Star Plus channel's Diya Aur Baati Hum 2 and other new afternoon series to be as good as prime time shows". International Business Times.
- "Ek Aastha Aisi Bhee: End of romance for Aastha-Shiv, her 'naastik' truth to shock family". The Indian Express.
- "'Ek Aastha Aise Bhee' lead actor Tina to be selective after debut". New Kerala.
- "Star Dopahar to call it a day, all shows to end on September 30". Indian Express. Retrieved 19 September 2017.
- "Star Plus to launch 'Nastik' in February". Biz Asia.
- "On The Sets of TV Show Ek Aastha Aisi Bhi". NDTV.
- "Star Plus to reboot afternoon slot with 4 new shows". The Economic Times.
- "SHOCKING! Kanwar Dhillon and Tina Phillip had a 'near death experience'". ABP News.
- "Fire partially destroys the set of Ek Aastha Aisi Bhi". The Times of India.
- "Abhinav, Kanwar 'bond' like brothers". Business Standard.
- "Sharanpreet Kaur to play Guru Maa on a TV show". The Times of India.
- "Manasi Salvi makes for the hottest mom-in-law of TV". The Times of India.
- "Star Plus Launches a New Show in its Afternoon Slot! Know More". Daily Bhaskar.
- "Why Vivek Mushran shoots barefoot for Ek Aastha Aisi Bhee". Hindustan Times.
- "Abhinav Kapoor to play a happy character in Ek Aastha Aisi Bhi". The Indian Express.
- "From reel to real life: On-screen brother-sister duo Tina Philip and Nikhil Sharma from Ek Aastha Aisi Bhee are dating each other". The Times of India.
- "Vaani S Sharma of 'Ek Aastha Aisee Bhi' is a foodie to the core". The Times of India.
- "Mumbai's Film City shut down after five leopard attacks". Hindustan Times.
- "I speak better Hindi than Mumbaikers". Rediff.com.
- "'Ek Aastha Aisi Bhee' actors in city to promote show on Star Plus". Daily Pioneer.