Einar Hoidale (August 17, 1870 – December 5, 1952) was an American lawyer, newspaper editor and elected official. He served as a member of the United States House of Representatives during the 1930s.
Einar Hoidale was born at Tromsø in Troms, Norway. He was the son of Andrew Hoidale and Dorthea (Lund) Hoidale. He immigrated to the United States with his family at the age of seven. From 1890, he served as editor of the Western Guard newspaper in Madison, Minnesota. He graduated from the University of Minnesota Law School in 1898. He was admitted to the State of Minnesota bar the same year. He commenced practice in New Ulm, Minnesota with Henry Northrup Somsen (1875-1955). He subsequently served as prosecuting attorney for Brown County, Minnesota from 1900-1906. From 1900-1908, he also served a judge advocate for the Minnesota State Militia.
He was the Democratic Party candidate for the United States Senate from Minnesota in 1930. He was elected at-large to the United States House of Representatives and served in the 73rd Congress from 1933 to 1935. He lost a subsequent election after being nominated again for the U.S. Senate. In both of his Senate campaigns, Hoidale was involved in competitive 3-way races with Republican Party and Farmer Labor Party candidates, and came in second place both times. In 1930, he was barely defeated by Republican incumbent Thomas Schall, ahead of former Congressman and future senator Ernest Lundeen of the Farmer Labor Party. In 1934, he lost to Farmer Labor incumbent Henrik Shipstead. 
- "Einar Hoidale, lawyer and congressman (American Biography)". National Cyclopaedia of American Biography. 2 September 2014. Retrieved November 14, 2015.
- Corrine Charais, Political Action Among Alumni Archived November 27, 2007, at the Wayback Machine, Perspectives, Spring 2007 (page 18).
- "Hoidale, Einar, (1870 - 1952)". Biographical Directory of the United States Congress. Retrieved January 1, 2018.
- "Hoidale, Einar, (1870 - 1952)". Political Graveyard. Lawyer Politicians in Minnesota. Retrieved January 1, 2018.
- United States Congress. "Einar Hoidale (id: H000706)". Biographical Directory of the United States Congress.
|U.S. House of Representatives|
General Ticket Established
| U.S. Representative from Minnesota
General Ticket Seat Four
1933 – 1935
General Ticket Abolished
|This article about a Minnesota politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|