Ehsan Khan (cricketer)
Ehsan Khan (born 27 December 1984) is a Hong Kong cricketer. He made his first-class cricket debut against Ireland in the 2015–17 ICC Intercontinental Cup on 30 August 2016. He made his Twenty20 International (T20I) debut against Ireland on 5 September 2016. He made his One Day International (ODI) debut against Scotland on 8 September 2016, taking a wicket with his very first delivery.
|Born||27 December 1984|
|Bowling||Right-arm off break|
|ODI debut (cap 35)||8 September 2016 v Scotland|
|Last ODI||18 September 2018 v India|
|T20I debut (cap 22)||5 September 2016 v Ireland|
|Last T20I||6 March 2020 v Malaysia|
Source: Cricinfo, 6 March 2020
On 8 March 2018, during the 2018 Cricket World Cup Qualifier match against Afghanistan at Bulawayo Athletic Club, Bulawayo, Khan took 4 wickets for 33 runs. Hong Kong went on to win the match by 30 runs, under the Duckworth–Lewis method, and Khan was named the player of the match. It was Hong Kong's first win against a Full Member side in an ODI match. Following the conclusion of the Cricket World Cup Qualifier tournament, the International Cricket Council (ICC) named Khan as the rising star of Hong Kong's squad.
In August 2018, he was named in Hong Kong's squad for the 2018 Asia Cup Qualifier tournament. Hong Kong won the qualifier tournament, and he was then named in Hong Kong's squad for the 2018 Asia Cup.
In December 2018, he was named in Hong Kong's team for the 2018 ACC Emerging Teams Asia Cup. In April 2019, he was named in Hong Kong's squad for the 2019 ICC World Cricket League Division Two tournament in Namibia. He was named as one of the six players to watch during the tournament.
In September 2019, he was named in Hong Kong's squad for the 2019 ICC T20 World Cup Qualifier tournament in the United Arab Emirates. In November 2019, he was named in Hong Kong's squad for the 2019 ACC Emerging Teams Asia Cup in Bangladesh. Later the same month, he was named in Hong Kong's squad for the Cricket World Cup Challenge League B tournament in Oman.
- "Ehsan Khan". ESPN Cricinfo. Retrieved 30 August 2016.
- "ICC Intercontinental Cup, Ireland v Hong Kong at Belfast, Aug 30-Sep 2, 2016". ESPN Cricinfo. Retrieved 22 February 2016.
- "1st T20I: Ireland v Hong Kong at Bready, Sep 5, 2016". ESPN Cricinfo. Retrieved 5 September 2016.
- "1st ODI: Scotland v Hong Kong at Edinburgh, Sep 8, 2016". ESPN Cricinfo. Retrieved 8 September 2016.
- "12th Match, Group B, ICC Cricket World Cup Qualifier at Bulawayo, Mar 8 2018". ESPN Cricinfo. Retrieved 8 March 2018.
- "'Hong Kong can beat any team' - Ehsan Khan". ESPN Cricinfo. Retrieved 8 March 2018.
- "Afghanistan suffer massive dent to World Cup hopes". ESPN Cricinfo. Retrieved 8 March 2018.
- "CWCQ 2018 Report Card: Hong Kong". International Cricket Council. Retrieved 18 March 2018.
- "Hong Kong Squad for the ACC Asia Cup Qualifiers 2018 － 27th August - 8th September 2018". Hong Kong Cricket. Archived from the original on 4 August 2018. Retrieved 4 August 2018.
- "Anshuman Rath to lead Hong Kong into the 2018 Unimoni Asia Cup". Hong Kong Cricket. Archived from the original on 10 September 2018. Retrieved 10 September 2018.
- "Aizaz Khan to replace injured Anshuman Rath as captain for Emerging Nations Cup!". Hong Kong Cricket. Archived from the original on 4 December 2018. Retrieved 3 December 2018.
- "All to play for in last ever World Cricket League tournament". International Cricket Council. Retrieved 11 April 2019.
- "Six players to watch out for at WCL Division Two 2019". ESPN Cricinfo. Retrieved 20 April 2019.
- "Men's ICC T20 World Cup Qualifiers squad announcement". Cricket Hong Kong. Retrieved 12 September 2019.
- "Hong Kong ACC Emerging Teams Tournament Men's Squad Announcement". Hong Kong Cricket. Retrieved 12 November 2019.
- "Hong Kong ICC Challenge League 'B' Squad Announcement". Hong Kong Cricket. Retrieved 22 November 2019.