This article needs additional citations for verification. (November 2015)
3.10.0 / 10 March 2022
|License||Apache License 2.0|
Ehcache was developed by Greg Luck starting in 2003. In 2009, the project was purchased by Terracotta, which provides paid support. The software is still open-source, but some new major functionalities (Fast Restartability Consistency) are available only in commercial products, like Enterprise Ehcache and BigMemory, which are not open source. In March 2011, the Wikimedia Foundation announced it would use Ehcache to improve the performance of its wiki projects. However this was quickly abandoned after testing revealed problems with the approach.
The name Ehcache is a palindrome.
- "Ehcache Overview". Archived from the original on July 26, 2011. Retrieved February 13, 2013.
- "Download Ehcache". Retrieved August 1, 2022.
- "The Essence of Caching - Ehcache". YouTube. February 26, 2011. Retrieved 17 November 2021.
- "Features". Retrieved April 5, 2011.
- Mark Bergsma; Tomasz Finc; Alolita Sharma; CT Woo; Rob Lanphier; Guillaume Paumier (2 April 2011). "Wikimedia engineering March 2011 report#Performance optimization". Retrieved 5 April 2011.