Born on the Isle of Wight on 25 September 1878, he was educated at Winchester College and Christ Church, Oxford. Ordained in 1903 his first post was as a curate at St Anne’s, Wandsworth after which he was Chaplain at Hertford College, Oxford. He was with the Winchester College Mission from 1908 to 1924. He then held incumbencies in Lavender Hill and Guildford before his archdeacon’s appointment.
- ”Round the church in 50 years” Beeson, T.R: London, SCM, 2007 ISBN 9780334041481
- Genealogical website
- ‘LUCAS, Preb. Egbert de Grey’, Who Was Who, A & C Black, 1920–2008; online edn, Oxford University Press, Dec 2007 accessed 14 Nov 2012
- church website
- Crockford's Clerical Directory1947-48 Oxford, OUP,1947
- "Ascension website". Archived from the original on 2012-12-19. Retrieved 2012-11-14.
- Three New Bishops Suffragan The Times (London, England), Saturday, Dec 24, 1938; pg. 10; Issue 48186
- "Guild of all Souls". Archived from the original on 2009-03-10. Retrieved 2012-11-14.
- The Ven E. De G. Lucas The Times (London, England), Tuesday, May 27, 1958; pg. 10; Issue 54161
|This article about a member of the Christian clergy in the United Kingdom is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|