Edwin J. Gregson
He died on June 4, 2000, of a self-inflicted gunshot wound. In his honor, a charitable institution founded by the association of California Thoroughbred Trainers (CTT) designed to "enhance the quality of life of California's backstretch workers and their families" was renamed the Edwin J. Gregson Foundation.
Edwin J. Gregson FoundationEdit
|Motto||The Foundation provides College Scholarships to the children of backstretch workers "|
|Headquarters||Arcadia, CA, United States|
The Edwin J. Gregson Foundation, Inc. is a nonprofit foundation in the American Thoroughbred horse racing industry based in Arcadia, California. Its stated objective is to "enhance the quality of life of California's backstretch workers and their families." Founded in 1998, in 2000 it was renamed to honor the memory of trainer and former CTT president, Edwin J. "Eddie" Gregson, who was the first to advocate the creation of the Foundation.
Among its functions, the Foundation provides College Scholarships to the children of backstretch workers.
- "Gato Del Sol Trainer Gregson Is Found Dead". Articles.latimes.com. 2000-06-06. Retrieved 2016-10-31.
- The Edwin J. Gregson Foundation Retrieved September 23, 2018
- "Edwin J. Gregson Foundation" (PDF). Candid. Retrieved 14 November 2019.
- "Trailblazing Trainer Jenine Sahadi Enjoys Giving Back to Racing".
- Edwin J. Gregson Foundation, Inc. official website
- Video at Bloodhorse.com on the activities of the Edwin J. Gregson Foundation
|This American horse racing biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|