Edward Patrick Denning
|Died||August 20, 2003(aged 77)|
Denning was born July 25, 1926 in Providence. In 1950 he graduated from the architectural program of the University of Notre Dame. His professional practice began in 1960 when he became partner of East Providence architect E. James Kurtz. The firm was expanded in 1965 to be Kurtz, Denning & Gazda. Denning established his own firm, Edward P. Denning & Associates, in 1966. He practiced as a member of this firm for the rest of his career. His home was located in the southern part of East Providence proper. He died August 20, 2003.
Kurtz & Denning, 1960-1965:
- Espirito Santo R. C. Church, 311 Alden St., Fall River, MA (1962)
- O'Hare Academic Center, Salve Regina College, Newport, RI (1964-67) - The project was completed by Kurtz alone after the firm's dissolution.
- Johnston Sr. High School, 345 Cherry Hill Rd., Johnston, RI (1965) - With Russillo & Butler.
Kurtz, Denning & Gazda, 1965-1966:
Edward P. Denning & Associates, from 1966:
- St. Brendan's R. C. Church, 60 Turner Ave., Riverside, RI (1967)
- Cumberland High School Annex, 2600 Mendon Rd., Cumberland, RI (1969)
- Bathhouse, Second Beach, Middletown, RI (1974)
- Edward R. Martin Middle School, 111 Brown St., East Providence, RI (1975)
- Tiverton Middle School, 10 Quintal Dr., Tiverton, RI (1976)
- Middletown Public Library, 700 W. Main Rd., Middletown, RI (1978) - Altered.
- American Architects Directory. New York: R. R. Bowker, 1970.
- Anchor 10 May 1962: 11.
- Yarnall, James L. Newport Through its Architecture. 2005.
- Engineering News-record 1966: 67.
- "Parish History". stbarnabasportsmouth.weconnect.com. n.d.
- Newport Daily News 4 June 1974: 1.
- Engineering News-record 1975: 42.
- Historic and Architectural Resources of Tiverton, Rhode Island. Providence (RI): Rhode Island Historical Preservation Commission, 1983.
- "Library History". www.middletownpubliclibrary.org. n.d.