Edward Lucas (born 3 May 1962) is a British writer, journalist, security specialist and politician.
Lucas is non-resident Senior Fellow at the Center for European Policy Analysis. Until 2018, he was a senior editor at The Economist. He writes a column for The Times and occasionally writes for the Daily Mail. He has edited Standpoint magazine.
In September 2021, he was selected as the Liberal Democrat prospective parliamentary candidate for the constituency of Cities of London and Westminster in the next general election, then expected to take place in 2024.
Personal life edit
Lucas's second wife is the columnist Cristina Odone, with whom he has one child; he had two children with his first wife Claudia, who is German. He lives in London. His father was the Oxford philosopher John Lucas.
- The New Cold War: Putin's Russia and the Threat to the West , Palgrave Macmillan (19 February 2008), ISBN 978-0-230-60612-8.
- Deception: The Untold Story of East-West Espionage Today, Walker & Company (19 June 2012), ISBN 978-0-8027-1157-1
- The Snowden Operation: Inside the West's Greatest Intelligence Disaster, Amazon Publishing (23 January 2014), ASIN: B00I0W61OY
- Cyberphobia: Identity, Trust, Security and the Internet, Bloomsbury (5 May 2015), ISBN 978-1-4088-5013-8
- Spycraft Rebooted: How Technology is Changing Espionage, Amazon Publishing (6 March 2018), ASIN: B078W6LXGG
- "Center for European Policy Analysis (CEPA)". Retrieved 9 November 2023.
- "Experts". CEPA. 17 August 2020. Archived from the original on 4 June 2020. Retrieved 3 October 2019.
- "Edward Lucas | The Times Journalist | Muck Rack". muckrack.com. Retrieved 2 October 2019.
- Joe Coscarelli (26 February 2014). "Daily Mail Writer on Sexist Column: What Do You Expect? It's the Daily Mail!". New York.
- Hope, Christopher (14 September 2019). "Three intellectual magazines to launch as right and centre-left engage in battle of ideas". The Telegraph. ISSN 0307-1235. Retrieved 2 October 2019.
- Lucas, Edward [@edwardlucas] (24 September 2021). "I'm delighted to lead the @LibDems campaign to win Cities of London and Westminster at the next general election. Thanks to the local party for choosing me and to colleagues at HQ for their support" (Tweet). Archived from the original on 24 September 2021. Retrieved 3 October 2021 – via Twitter.
- Cristina Odone (31 October 2009). "The stepmothers' survival guide". The Guardian. Retrieved 23 February 2012.
- Journalist Edward Lucas becomes the 1st Estonian e-resident. ERR, 1 December 2014