Edward Bennett (actor)
Edward Bennett (born 9 April 1979) is an English actor.
Bennett at the Novello Theatre stage door in 2008
Bennett was born in Honeybourne, Worcestershire. He attended Chipping Campden School in Gloucestershire, and graduated from Cardiff University with a BSc in history and politics. He attended the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art (RADA).
In 2008, Bennett appeared as Laertes in Hamlet, Demetrius in A Midsummer Night's Dream, and Navarre in Love's Labour's Lost. He reprised the first two roles when the productions toured London's Novello Theatre from December 2008 to February 2009, understudying for Hamlet and performing the role from 8 December 2008 until 2 January 2009 whilst David Tennant was undergoing surgery for a spinal injury.
- Ian Charleson Awards 2007 – Special Commendation for Dick Gurvil in Nan, Victor Bretherton in Diana of Dobson's (Orange Tree), Freddy Eynsford-Hill in Pygmalion (Peter Hall Co), and Roderigo in Othello (Donmar Warehouse)
- Ian Charleson Awards 2008 – Won second place for roles in Hamlet and Love's Labours Lost (RSC)
- Photograph 51 (Michael Grandage Company, Noel Coward Theatre, 2015)
- Love's Labour's Lost and Love's Labour's Won (Much Ado About Nothing) (Royal Shakespeare Company, 2014)
- Things We Do For Love (UK Tour 2014)
- One Man, Two Guvnors (National Theatre, 2013)
- Lovesong (Warwick Arts Centre, 2011)
- Three Farces (Orange Tree Theatre, 2011)
- Plenty (Sheffield Crucible, 2011)
- The Tempest and As You Like It (The Bridge Project, BAM (Brooklyn) / Old Vic (London) plus tour 2009)
- Hay Fever (Chichester Festival Theatre, Chichester 2009)
- A Midsummer Night's Dream (RSC, London, 2009)
- Hamlet (RSC, London, 2008–09)
- A Midsummer Night's Dream, Hamlet, Love's Labours Lost (RSC, Stratford, 2008)
- Othello - Roderigo (Donmar Warehouse, 2007–08)
- Pygmalion (Theatre Royal Bath, 2007–08)
- Little Nell (Theatre Royal Bath, 2007)
- Nan (Orange Tree Theatre, 2007)
- The Skin Game (Orange Tree Theatre, 2007)
- Diana of Dobson's (Orange Tree Theatre, 2007)
- Habeas Corpus (Theatre Royal Bath, 2006)
- Measure for Measure (Theatre Royal Bath, 2006)
- The School for Scandal (Salisbury Playhouse, 2006)
- The Importance of Being Earnest (York Theatre Royal, 2005)
- The Invention of Love (Salisbury Playhouse, 2005)
- Alice in Wonderland (Bristol Old Vic, 2004)
- Charley’s Aunt (Northcott Theatre, 2004)
- Hay Fever (Theatr Clywd, 2003)
|2011||War Horse||Cavalry recruiting officer|
|2007||Silent Witness||Gregory Kris||1 episode|
|2007||After You've Gone||Waiter||1 episode|
|2010||Above Suspicion||Edward Wickenham||2 episodes|
|2012||Miranda||New boss||1 episode|
|2017||Victoria||C. E. Trevelyan||1 episode|
- "Understudy replaces David Tennant in Hamlet". Daily Telegraph. 9 December 2009.
- Higgins, Charlotte (9 January 2009). "Return of the prince - Tennant bounces back after slings and arrows". The Guardian.
- Harvey-Ball, Thom (6 October 2014). "Chapel Lane Theatre Company : About Us".
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 28 May 2009. Retrieved 12 May 2009.