|Full name||Eduardo Alexandre Baptista|
|Date of birth||30 March 1970|
|Place of birth||Campinas (SP - Brazil)|
|Playing position||Centre back|
Born in Campinas, São Paulo, Baptista started playing for Clube Atlético Juventus, as a central defender. However, due to his lack of temper on the field, he was advised to leave football by his father, Nelsinho.
In 2002, after spells at clubs in his native state, Baptista joined his father's staff at Goiás, as a fitness coach. The duo remained together for the following nine years, only splitting due to the Japanese tsunami in 2011, when both were at Kashiwa Reysol; Eduardo subsequently returned to Sport (club which he already worked from 2007 to 2009) while Nelsinho remained at Kashiwa.
On 31 January 2014 Baptista was appointed interim manager, replacing fired Geninho. On 14 February he was definitely appointed as manager, and led the side to both Campeonato Pernambucano and Copa do Nordeste winning campaigns.
On 17 September 2015, Baptista left Sport and was appointed at Fluminense, replacing fired Enderson Moreira. On 25 February 2016, after only two wins in six matches, he was sacked by Flu. On 15 April, he replaced Alexandre Gallo at Ponte Preta's reign.
Baptista took Ponte to an impressive eighth place in the league, only four points shy of qualifying for the continental championship. On 2 December 2016 he resigned, and signed a one-year contract with Palmeiras fourteen days later.
Baptista is the son of Nelsinho Baptista, who is also a manager.
- "Eduardo Baptista quer sair da sombra do pai famoso" [Eduardo Baptista wants to leave famous father's shadow] (in Portuguese). Globo Esporte. 31 March 2012. Retrieved 14 April 2015.
- "Com Geninho demitido, Eduardo Baptista assume interinamente" [With Geninho dismissed, Eduardo Baptista takes over as an interim] (in Portuguese). Folha PE. 31 January 2014. Retrieved 14 April 2015.
- "Sport efetiva Eduardo Baptista como treinador para temporada 2014" [Sport turns effective Eduardo Baptista as manager for the 2014 season] (in Portuguese). Terra. 14 February 2014. Retrieved 14 April 2015.
- "Eduardo Baptista deixa o Sport e é o novo técnico do Fluminense" [Eduardo Baptista leaves Sport and is the new manager of Fluminense]. ESPN Brasil. 17 September 2015. Retrieved 17 September 2015.
- "Após derrotas seguidas em clássicos, Eduardo Baptista é demitido do Fluminense" [After successive defeats in derbies, Eduardo Baptista is sacked from Fluminense] (in Portuguese). ESPN Brasil. 25 February 2016. Retrieved 21 December 2016.
- "Ponte Preta demite Gallo e fecha com Eduardo Baptista" [Ponte Preta dismiss Gallo and sign with Eduardo Baptista] (in Portuguese). Globo Esporte. 15 April 2016. Retrieved 21 December 2016.
- "Ponte confirma saída, e Eduardo tem caminho livre para treinar o Palmeiras" [Ponte confirm departure, and Eduardo has the free path to manage Palmeiras] (in Portuguese). Globo Esporte. 2 December 2016. Retrieved 21 December 2016.
- "Eduardo Baptista assina por um ano e é o novo técnico do Palmeiras" [Eduardo Baptista signs for one year and is the new manager of Palmeiras] (in Portuguese). SE Palmeiras. 16 December 2016. Retrieved 21 December 2016.
- "Palmeiras demite Eduardo Baptista após derrota na Bolívia" [Palmeiras dismiss Eduardo Baptista after defeat in Bolivia] (in Portuguese). UOL Esporte. 4 May 2017. Retrieved 6 May 2017.
- "Autuori assume diretoria no Atlético-PR; Eduardo Baptista será novo técnico" [Autuori goes to Atlético-PR's board; Eduardo Baptista will be the new manager] (in Portuguese). Globo Esporte. Retrieved 23 May 2017.
- "Ponte surpreende e anuncia Eduardo Baptista como técnico até o fim de 2018" [Ponte surprise and announce Eduardo Baptista as manager until the end of 2018] (in Portuguese). Globo Esporte. 20 September 2017. Retrieved 15 August 2018.
- "Coritiba confirma Eduardo Baptista como novo treinador" [Coritiba confirm Eduardo Baptista as new manager] (in Portuguese). Coritiba FBC. 16 April 2018. Retrieved 15 August 2018.
- "Eduardo Baptista é o novo técnico do Sport" [Eduardo Baptista is the new manager of Sport] (in Portuguese). Sport Recife. 15 August 2018. Retrieved 15 August 2018.
- "Eduardo Baptista revela ter pedido conselhos ao pai antes de jogo" [Eduardo Baptista reveals have asked for advice to his father before a match] (in Portuguese). ESPN Brasil. 3 February 2014. Retrieved 4 April 2015.
- Eduardo Baptista coach profile at Soccerway