|Bishop of Exeter|
|Appointed||15 July 1420|
|Term ended||18 September 1455|
|Consecration||18 July 1417|
|Died||18 September 1455|
|Previous post(s)||Bishop of Hereford|
Lacey was educated at University College, Oxford, where he was a mature commoner, then Fellow, and subsequently Master of the College from 1398 until around 1401. The College prospered and developed under him, as well as under John Appleton and John Castell who followed him.
Around 1414, Lacey was appointed Dean of the Chapel Royal, accompanying King Henry V to the Battle of Agincourt in 1415. He was elected to the see of Hereford between 21 January and 17 February 1417 and consecrated on 18 April 1417. He was then translated to the see of Exeter on 15 July 1420. While bishop at Exeter, Lacey promoted the cult of the Archangel Raphael, proclaiming the feast in his diocese in 1443, and working throughout England to institute the cult.
Lacey died on 18 September 1455.
- Pole, Sir William (d.1635), Collections Towards a Description of the County of Devon, Sir John-William de la Pole (ed.), London, 1791, p.491
- Darwall-Smith, Robin, A History of University College, Oxford. Oxford University Press, 2008. ISBN 978-0-19-928429-0. pages 45, 60, 73–74, 529.
- Carr, William, University College, Routledge, 1998. ISBN 978-0-415-18632-2. Chapter IV, The Fifteenth Century: Early Benefactors, Buildings, and Further Statutes (pages 53–73).
- Fasti Wyndesorienses, May 1950. S.L. Ollard. Published by the Dean and Canons of St George's Chapel, Windsor Castle.
- George Oliver, Edmund Lucy Archived 26 July 2011 at the Wayback Machine. In Lives of the Bishops of Exeter Archived 26 July 2011 at the Wayback Machine, Exeter: William Roberts, Broadgate, 1861.
- Fryde, et al. Handbook of British Chronology p. 251
- Fryde, et al. Handbook of British Chronology p. 247
- Swanson Religion and Devotion p. 171
- Fryde, E. B.; Greenway, D. E.; Porter, S.; Roy, I. (1996). Handbook of British Chronology (Third revised ed.). Cambridge, UK: Cambridge University Press. ISBN 0-521-56350-X.
- Swanson, R. N. (1995). Religion and Devotion in Europe, c.1215–c.1515. Cambridge Medieval Textbooks. Cambridge, UK: Cambridge University Press. ISBN 0-521-37950-4.
| Master of University College, Oxford
|Catholic Church titles|
| Bishop of Hereford
| Bishop of Exeter