Edinburgh Photographic Society
It began in a small back room at 81 South Bridge in rivalry to the more formal Photographic Society of Scotland. In the first year the regular meetings were held at the Queen Street Hall (6 Queen Street) before moving to the National Bible Society Halls at 5 St Andrew Square. Not until 1892 did they acquire their own premises; 38 North Castle Street.
- James David Marwick the first President of the Society
- J. Traill Taylor, later the editor of the British Journal of Photography
- John Ramsay L'Amy FRSE
- James Valentine
- George Henry Slight
- David Drummond
- British journal of photography. Henry Greenwood & Co., Ltd. 1 July 2002. Retrieved 19 July 2012.
- Royal Photographic Society of Great Britain (1865). The Photographic journal. p. 69. Retrieved 19 July 2012.
- "Edinburgh International 2010 Awards" (PDF). Edinburgh Photographic Society. Retrieved 19 July 2012.
- "History – Edinburgh Photographic Society".
- "Photographs exhibited by: l'Amy, John Ramsay (@f167-1892)".