Karamazov studied lute with Hopkinson Smith at the Schola Cantorum Basiliensis. He has worked with such ensembles as Hesperion XX, L'Arpeggiata, Hilliard Ensemble, Mala Punica, Orpheus Chamber Orchestra and singers Andreas Scholl, María Cristina Kiehr, Arianna Savall, and Sting.
Karamazov accompanied Andreas Scholl on his album Wayfaring Stranger (Decca 2001). Collaborations with Sting in the field of 16th century music resulted in the album and film Songs from the Labyrinth, devoted to the lute-songs of John Dowland (DG, 2007).
He has also recorded with the Croatian women's vocal group hr:Klapa Cesarice (Menart, 2012).
- Confronting Silence with Žarko Hajdarhodžić (Hrvatsko Drustvo Skladatelja 2004)
- Come, Heavy Sleep (Alpha, 2004)
- Concerto in Dialogo (Aquarius, 2004)
- Songs from the Labyrinth with Sting (Deutsche Grammophon, 2007)
- The Journey and the Labyrinth with Sting (Deutsche Grammophon, 2007)
- The Lute Is a Song (L'Oiseau-Lyre, 2009)
- Oblivion with Kaliopi (Kaliopi, 2009)
- Klapa Cesarice & Edin Karamazov (Menart, 2012)
- Reminiscences: Music Inspired by the Beatles and Sting (Lumaudis, 2018)
- Lachrimae with Božo Vrećo (Croatia, 2020)
- Sting With Edin Karamazov Archived 2011-06-29 at the Wayback Machine
- PBS: Songs from the Labyrinth - Sting and Edin Karamazov
- Sting & Edin Karamazov perform in February 2009 Archived 2010-11-28 at the Wayback Machine
- Sting on the solo album "The Lute is a song" of Edin Karamazov Archived 2011-01-01 at the Wayback Machine
- Biography at Konzertdirektion Hörtnagel Berlin