Edgewell Personal Care
Edgewell Personal Care is an American consumer products company headquartered in Shelton, Connecticut. The company was formed in 2015 following the corporate split of Energizer Holdings. Edgewell Personal Care was formed by the renaming of Energizer Holdings; Energizer's battery business was then spun-off as Energizer Household Products and then renamed Energizer Holdings.
|Traded as||NYSE: EPC|
S&P 400 Component
|Founded||July 1, 2015|
|Headquarters||Shelton, Connecticut, United States|
|Rod R. Little, President and CEO|
John C. Hunter, Non-Executive Chairman of the Board of Directors
|Revenue||US$2.4 billion (2019)|
Number of employees
In February 2015, Energizer Holdings announced that it would split into two companies. The personal care company would be named Edgewell Personal Care and the household products company would retain the Energizer Holdings name. David Hatfield, who was president and CEO of Energizer Personal Care at the time was named CEO of the Edgewell brand.
In May 2019, Edgewell purchased Harry's razor company, including their female-focused Flamingo brand, for $1.4 billion. In October 2019, Edgewell announced that they were selling their diaper and cat litter disposal businesses to Le Holding Angelcare Inc. for $122.5 million.
Carefree is a brand of pantyliners, although packets say tampons. Playtex is a brand of personal care products. Schick is a brand of razors. Wilkinson Sword is a brand of razors produced in Germany. Hawaiian Tropic is a brand of sunscreen. Banana Boat is a brand of sunscreen. Wet Ones is a brand of facial wipes. Skintimate is a brand of woman shaving cream. Jack Black and Bulldog are brands of personal care products for men, and Edge is brand of shaving cream acquired from S.C. Johnson & Son.
- "Annual Report".
- "Edgewell taps new CEO, eyes sale of feminine care and baby products". stltoday.com. Retrieved 2019-11-20.
- "Energizer Holdings, Inc. Completes Spin Off from Parent Company Edgewell Personal Care; Begins Trading on NYSE as Independent, Publicly-Traded Entity". PR Newswire. July 1, 2015. Retrieved January 24, 2016.
- "Investors". Edgewell Personal Care. Retrieved January 24, 2016.
- Feldt, Brian (20 February 2015). "Energizer's personal care spinoff to be called Edgewell". www.bizjournals.com. Retrieved 2019-11-27.
- "Razor brand Harry's bought for $1.4bn". BBC News. 2019-05-09. Retrieved 2019-05-10.
- Grice, Jordan (2019-10-22). "Edgewell Personal Care to sell baby and pet care businesses". Connecticut Post. Retrieved 2019-11-20.