Edgewell Personal Care
Edgewell Personal Care is an American consumer products company headquartered in Shelton, Connecticut. The company was formed in 2015 following the corporate spin-off from Energizer Holdings. Edgewell Personal Care was formed by the renaming of Energizer Holdings; Energizer's battery business was then spun-off as Energizer Household Products and then renamed Energizer Holdings.
|Traded as||NYSE: EPC|
S&P 400 Component
|Founded||July 1, 2015|
|Headquarters||Shelton, Connecticut, United States|
|Revenue||US$2.4 billion (2019)|
Number of employees
In February 2015, Energizer Holdings announced that it would split into two companies. The original entity, Energizer Holdings, Inc, would be converted to a personal care company and renamed Edgewell Personal Care. The household products and assets would be transferred to a new entity, Energizer SpinCo, Inc, that would then be renamed to (new) Energizer Holdings, Inc.<https://ir.edgewell.com/financial-reports/spin-off-information?sc_lang=en> David Hatfield, who was president and CEO of Energizer Personal Care at the time was named CEO of the Edgewell brand.
In May 2019, Edgewell announced it would purchase the razor company Harry's, including their female-focused Flamingo brand, for $1.37 billion. In October 2019, Edgewell announced that they were selling their diaper and cat litter disposal businesses to Le Holding Angelcare Inc. for $122.5 million.
The FTC announced on February 3, 2020 that it would seek to block Edgewell from purchasing the startup razor company Harry's on concerns of price manipulation.  Edgewell announced on February 10, 2020 that it is terminating its merger agreement with Harry's after the FTC sued to block the $1.37 billion deal.
Carefree is a brand of pantyliners, although packets say tampons. Playtex is a brand of personal care products. Schick is a brand of razors. Wilkinson Sword is a brand of razors produced in Germany. Hawaiian Tropic is a brand of sunscreen. Banana Boat is a brand of sunscreen. Wet Ones is a brand of facial wipes. Skintimate is a brand of woman shaving cream. Jack Black and Bulldog are brands of personal care products for men, and Edge is brand of shaving cream acquired from S.C. Johnson & Son.
- "Annual Report".
- "Edgewell taps new CEO, eyes sale of feminine care and baby products". stltoday.com. Retrieved 2019-11-20.
- "Energizer Holdings, Inc. Completes Spin Off from Parent Company Edgewell Personal Care; Begins Trading on NYSE as Independent, Publicly-Traded Entity". PR Newswire. July 1, 2015. Retrieved January 24, 2016.
- "Investors". Edgewell Personal Care. Retrieved January 24, 2016.
- Feldt, Brian (20 February 2015). "Energizer's personal care spinoff to be called Edgewell". www.bizjournals.com. Retrieved 2019-11-27.
- "Razor brand Harry's bought for $1.4bn". BBC News. 2019-05-09. Retrieved 2019-05-10.
- Grice, Jordan (2019-10-22). "Edgewell Personal Care to sell baby and pet care businesses". Connecticut Post. Retrieved 2019-11-20.
- "Edgewell Personal Care to Pursue Standalone Value Creation Strategy". ir.edgewell.com. Retrieved 2020-02-11.