Eddie DeLoach is an American businessman and politician who is the 66th and current mayor of Savannah, Georgia. Prior to running for mayor in 2015, DeLoach served as a commissioner for Chatham County’s 7th District from 1992 to 2000. He earned a bachelor's degree in history and political science from Berry College.
|66th Mayor of Savannah, Georgia|
|Assumed office |
January 5, 2016
|Preceded by||Edna Jackson|
Eddie DeLoach is the president and co-owner of a Savannah-area landscaping business that he and his brother founded in 1984. He served as a commissioner from Chatham County's 7th District from 1992 to 2000, and ran unsuccessfully for chairman of the Chatham County Board of Commissioners in 2012. When he won the election for mayor of Savannah in 2015, he became the first conservative mayor of the city in more than 20 years. The following year, he was voted "Best Conservative" by Connect Savannah.
- Eric Curl, “City votes for change: DeLoach defeats Jackson to become new Savannah Mayor”, “Savannah Morning News”, December 1, 2015
- Curl, Eric (July 3, 2018). "Former Garden City Mayor Jimmy DeLoach dies". Retrieved July 13, 2018.
- Jim Morekis, "Eddie DeLoach: The Connect Interview", "Connect Savannah", October 21, 2015
- Bluestien. "Change sweeps into Savannah, toppling Democratic stronghold". Atlanta Journal Counstitution.
- "The Best of Savannah 2016".