Eccles Interchange is a transport hub in Eccles, Greater Manchester, England. It is composed of a bus station, and a single-platform Metrolink light rail station, the latter of which is the terminus of the system's Eccles Line. It opened on 21 July 2000. It is roughly 310 metres (340 yd) away from Eccles railway station.
The Metrolink station at Eccles Interchange in November 2018.
Location of Eccles in Greater Manchester
|Local authority||City of Salford|
|Fare zone information|
|Present status||In operation|
|Original operator||Manchester Metrolink|
|Opened||21 July 2000|
The Eccles line for the Metrolink was approved in 1996, with the station being built next to on Regent Street in the town centre, next to existing bus stops in the town centre. The station was opened for service on 21 July 2000, while the station was given the official opening, along with the Eccles line, in January 2001, when the Princess Royal visited the town centre. The new bus station was built next to the existing tram stop and opened in 2001, with additional stops and shelter added adjacent to the station in 2005.
12 minute service to Ashton-under-Lyne (via MediaCityUK at offpeak times).
There are frequent buses running to Manchester, Pendleton, Brookhouse, Irlam, Cadishead, Seedley, Weaste, Hope Hospital/Salford Royal Hospital, Worsley and the Trafford Centre. Buses also run to Sale, Farnworth, Bolton, Swinton, Winton, Stockport and Warrington, with evening and Sunday journeys running to Wigan.
- Google Maps distance measurement
- "Metrolink - History" (PDF). Metrolink. Archived from the original (PDF) on 25 March 2009. Retrieved 18 July 2010.
- "Manchester Metrolink - News 2001". Light Rail Transit Association. Archived from the original on 1 July 2011. Retrieved 18 July 2010.
- "Greater Manchester Transport Campaign - November 2007 issue" (PDF). National Alliance Against Tolls. Retrieved 18 July 2010.
- "The £250,000 bus shelter". Manchester Evening News. Retrieved 18 July 2010.
|Preceding station||Manchester Metrolink||Following station|
|Terminus||Eccles – Ashton-under-Lyne Line||
Railway Lines in Salford
Past, present and future
|This UK Tram-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|