Easter Rising (musical)
Easter Rising is a musical written by Isaac Oliver with a score by Michael Arden. Set in Plano, Texas, this "four person song cycle questions the limits of love, definition of family and the morals we pass on to our children when our own are in debate".
|Productions||2004 Joe's Pub|
The show deals with the last few weeks of the life of Caleb. As his battle with terminal cancer draws toward a close, Caleb confronts buried relationships with his estranged childhood friend, Andrew, his teenage son, John, and his a love for his fiance, April.
On December 21, 2004, two concert readings of the musical, directed by Kristen Hanggi, premiered at the Public Theatre at Joe's Pub. The cast featured Colin Hanlon as Andrew, Michael Arden as John, Steven Pasquale as Caleb, and Kerry Butler as April.
On January 10, 2011, David Tarlow and Christopher Sepulveda presented a workshop reading of an updated version of Easter Rising by Michael Arden, directed by Coy Middlebrook and musical directed by Jonnah Speidel, at Theatre at Boston Court in Pasadena, California. The cast featured Colin Hanlon as Andrew, Steve Kazee as Caleb, Grant Gustin as John, Ben Platt as Young Andrew, Max Sheldon as Young Caleb and Melissa van der Schyff as April.
- Michael Arden to perform in Easter Rising. BroadwayWorld Chicago. December 10, 2004.
- Jack Quinn. EASTER RISING. theaterscene.net review, 12/23/2004.
- Gans, Andrew. Reading of Easter Rising Musical—by Bare's Michael Arden—Set for December Archived 2011-06-29 at the Wayback Machine.. 13 September 2004.
- Easter Rising Music by Michael Arden Book By Isaac Oliver Starring Michael Arden, Kerry Butler, Colin Hanlon and Steven Pasquale
- Butler, Hanlon and Pasquale to Take Part in Reading of Easter Rising Musical. playbilll.com, 01 Oct 2004.
|This musical theatre related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|