East Harbor State Park
East Harbor State Park is a public recreation area located eight miles (13 km) northwest of Sandusky, Ohio on the shores of Lake Erie. The state park includes beach, campground, marina, and wetland wildlife preserve areas. The park offers swimming, boating and fishing, ten miles (16 km) of multi-use trails, picnicking, hunting, and disc golf.
|East Harbor State Park|
|Location||Ottawa County, Ohio, United States|
|Area||1,831 acres (741 ha)|
|Elevation||587 ft (179 m)|
|Administered by||Ohio Department of Natural Resources|
|Designation||Ohio state park|
|Website||East Harbor State Park|
A thin stretch of sand beach juts northward into the waters of Lake Erie, separating Middle Harbor from the lake. Part of this beach was damaged in 1972 by a storm washing away a large section of the two-mile (3 km) beach. The current beach is a much smaller area to the north of the park, where swimming is permitted. Four segmented offshore breakwaters have been constructed on the northern section of beach, to sustain what is left of the sandy shoreline.
- "East Harbor State Park". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey.
- "East Harbor State Park". Ohio Department of Natural Resources. Retrieved October 28, 2017.
- "East Harbor State Park Beach History". Save Our Eastharbor Beach. Archived from the original on November 21, 2008.
- Joan Pope (1984). "Segmented Offshore Breakwaters". The Coastal Society.
- East Harbor State Park Ohio Department of Natural Resources
- East Harbor State Park Map Ohio Department of Natural Resources
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to East Harbor State Park.|
|Wikivoyage has a travel guide for Ohio State |
Parks that includes
East Harbor State Park.