East Champaran district
East Champaran district
Location of East Champaran district in Bihar
|• Lok Sabha constituencies||Purvi Champaran, Paschim Champaran, Sheohar|
|• Vidhan Sabha constituencies||Raxaul, Sugauli, Narkatiya, Harsidhi, Govindganj, Kesaria, Kalyanpur, Pipra, Madhuban, Motihari, Chiraia, Dhaka|
|• Total||3,968 km2 (1,532 sq mi)|
|• Density||1,300/km2 (3,300/sq mi)|
|• Literacy||58.26 per cent|
|• Sex ratio||901|
|Time zone||UTC+05:30 (IST)|
|Major highways||NH 28A, NH 104|
|Average annual precipitation||1241 mm|
East Champaran District is functioning from 2 November 1972. The headquarter of district is at Motihari. It is situated at 26o 16' to 27o 1' North latitude and 84o 30' to 85o 16' East longitudes. Nepal makes its northern boundary, Sitamadhi and Sheohar eastern while Muzaffarpur South and with part of Gopalganj bounds it in western side. The name Champaran owes its origin to Champa-aranya or Champkatanys. Champa or Champaka means Magnolia and aranya means forest. Hence, Champaranya means Forest of Magnolia (CHAMPA) trees. The District comprises an area of 3968.0 sq km with 1344 villages having population of 50,82,868 as per 2011 census. The Administrative set up of the District is decentralized into 6 sub-division, 27 blocks, 27 Circles, 3 Nagar Parishads (Motihari,Raxaul and Dhaka), 6 Nagar Panchayats and 405 Panchayats. The Buddhist Stupta, Kesaria, Ashokan Pillar, Lauriya, Areraj, Gandhi Memorial, Someshwar Shiv Mandir, Areraj, Orwell's birthplace, Raxaul-Gate way to Nepal.
East Champaran district occupies an area of 3,968 square kilometres (1,532 sq mi), comparatively equivalent to Vanuatu's Espiritu Santo.Gandak, Burhi Gandak and Baghmati are important rivers flowing through this region.
According to the 2011 census East Champaran district has a population of 5,099,371, roughly equal to the United Arab Emirates or the US state of Colorado. This gives it a ranking of 21st in India (out of a total of 640). The district has a population density of 1,281 inhabitants per square kilometre (3,320/sq mi). Its population growth rate over the decade 2001–2011 was 29.01%. Purbi Champaran has a sex ratio of 901 females for every 1000 males, and a literacy rate of 58.26%.
- Motihari Sadar
- Shikarahna (Dhaka)
Some Villages:-Baradih Bairiya, kundwa,Rampur,Karhan,kushhar,Sihorwa, Ranigunj, Chakia Paharpur, pipra kothi, Ujjain Lohiyar Manganuaa, Gayghat, Yadavpur etc. There are three Nagar Paris had towns in E.Champaran: Motihari,Raxaul and Dhaka. Dhaka has emerged as a new town with second highest costly land after Raxaul.
Non Governmental organizationEdit
- "Tirhut Division". tirhut-muzaffarpur.bih.nic.in. Retrieved 11 April 2018.
- "District Census 2011". Census2011.co.in. 2011. Retrieved 30 September 2011.
- Srivastava, Dayawanti et al. (ed.) (2010). "States and Union Territories: Bihar: Government". India 2010: A Reference Annual (54th ed.). New Delhi, India: Additional Director General, Publications Division, Ministry of Information and Broadcasting (India), Government of India. pp. 1118–1119. ISBN 978-81-230-1617-7.CS1 maint: extra text: authors list (link)
- "Island Directory Tables: Islands by Land Area". United Nations Environment Program. 18 February 1998. Retrieved 11 October 2011.
Espiritu Santo 3,956km2
- Decadal Variation In Population Since 1901
- US Directorate of Intelligence. "Country Comparison:Population". Retrieved 1 October 2011.
United Arab Emirates 5,148,664
- "2010 Resident Population Data". U. S. Census Bureau. Archived from the original on 19 October 2013. Retrieved 30 September 2011.
- 2011 Census of India, Population By Mother Tongue
- M. Paul Lewis, ed. (2009). "Bhojpuri: A language of India". Ethnologue: Languages of the World (16th ed.). Dallas, Texas: SIL International. Retrieved 30 September 2011.
- "Sanmat". www.ssnmtrust.org. Retrieved 7 January 2020.
- "Amit Choubey, social entrepreneur and Founder of SANMAT works hard to bring good change in the lives of marginalized sections of our society". www.entrepreneurshipindia.co.in. 30 August 2017. Retrieved 7 January 2020.
- East Champaran district website
- one and only software development company of motihari
- Official Website of Tirhut Division
- http://tirhut-muzaffarpur.bih.nic.in Official Website of Tirhut Division