ESAB, Elektriska Svetsnings-Aktiebolaget (English: Electric Welding Limited company), is an American-Swedish industrial company.
|Industry||Manufacturing, welding, fabrication|
|Headquarters||North Bethesda, Maryland, U.S.|
Number of employees
The ultimate parent company of ESAB is ESAB Corporation, a New York Stock Exchange listed (Ticker: ESAB) with its principal executive office in North Bethesda, Maryland, U.S.
ESAB products includes a fabrication technology arm, which includes welding, cutting, gas control, PPE, software, and robotic equipment and a separate gas control portfolio focused on healthcare, industrial, and specialty gas control solutions.
The company was founded in 1904 by Swedish businessman Oscar Kjellberg in Gothenburg, Sweden. The company sells equipment used in welding and cutting.
Other notable CEO was Lars Westerberg who ran ESAB for three years.
The ESAB was acquired by Charter International in 1994.
The ESAB group was acquired by Colfax Corporation on 13 January 2012.
Following the purchase, the CEO of Colfax, Clay Kiefaber, stepped down to the president role of ESAB and was replaced by Steve Simms.
The ESAB group acquired the Welding Wire business of Sandvik effective February 1, 2018. The acquisition included production units in Scranton, PA, and Sandviken, Sweden; the technical sales and product management organization; as well as multiyear strategic collaboration on R&D for future product developments.
ESAB became a publicly traded, independent company under ESAB Corporation on April 5, 2022 following the spin-off from Colfax. Shyam Kambeyanda was appointed President and Chief Executive Officer of the new corporation. 
On October 17, 2022, ESAB Corporation announced the acquisition of Ohio Medical, a global leader in oxygen regulators and central gas systems for the healthcare industry.
- ^ "Business Wire".
- ^ a b c Publisher, Stainless Steel World (2022-04-11). "ESAB as an independent, publicly-traded company". Stainless Steel World.net. Retrieved 2022-10-25.
- ^ "ESAB Corporation Acquires Ohio Medical". www.yahoo.com. Retrieved 2022-10-26.
- ^ "ESAB COMPLETES ACQUISITION OF SANDVIK WELDING BUSINESS". esab.co.uk. 1 February 2018. Retrieved 4 August 2018.
- ^ gasworld (2022-10-18). "ESAB expands expertise through Ohio Medical acquisition". gasworld. Retrieved 2022-10-25.
- "ESAB Corporation Completes Separation From Enovis and Launches as an Independent, Publicly Traded Company". www.businesswire.com. 2022-04-05. Retrieved 2022-04-05.
- Official website
- Business data for ESAB Corporation: