Type of site
|Internet Educational Resource|
|Alexa rank||6,428 (October 2015[update])|
Based in Seattle, Washington in the United States, eNotes specializes in lesson plans, study guides and literary criticisms and is widely cited across the web. It also hosts an active homework help portal where students can ask educators academic questions. The Homework Help section has hundreds of thousands of questions with answers.
The website's material mainly focuses on literature and history, though the company offers a variety of different topics within the humanities. A network of over 1,000 teachers and professors contributes much of the content. It is different from other online subscription education services in that an in-house publishing team edits uploaded works mainly for grammar and formatting. With its subscription model, the company bootstrapped its way to profitability and claims about 750 new sign-ups on a weekday during the school year. According to internet analytics firm Quantcast.com, the site is accessed by more than 11 million unique visitors each month, making it among the most-visited education properties in the United States.
- "Enotes.com Site Info". Alexa Internet. Retrieved 2015-10-18.
- Eldon, Eric. "ENotes, a site that — surprise — charges for online classroom material". Venturebeat. Retrieved 7 May 2010.
- Chaker, Anne Marie (2009-04-09). "Do Study Sites Make the Grade?". Wall Street Journal. Retrieved 2010-05-08.
- Lewis, Rob (2008-08-28). "Back to School for Seattle's eNotes.com". Techvibes. Retrieved 2010-05-08.
- Nicole, Kristen (2008-07-10). "eNotes Wants to Revolutionize the Learning Process, But Does it Make it Too Easy?". Mashable. Retrieved 2010-05-07.
- "About eNotes". eNotes. Retrieved 2010-05-08.
- "Enotes.com Traffic and Demographic Statistics by Quantcast". Quantcast.com. Retrieved 2015-10-18.
|This Washington-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|