A major contributor to this article appears to have a close connection with its subject. (August 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Founder||Thibaud Elziere, Quentin Nickmans|
eFounders is a company that aims at repeatedly building several companies in parallel. The team develops ideas internally and provides the first financial and human resources to help their startups grow and become independent within 18 months.
eFounders focuses on building Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) startups addressing a global enterprise function or issue. The software applications are licensed on a regular basis to other startups and small businesses. Their primary targets are companies between 5 and 5000 employees worldwide.
Since its creation, eFounders has built 6 independent startups.
As an early and hands-on investor:
- Textmaster: a Belgium startup that offers on-demand content translation, copywriting and proofreading.
- Pressking: a virtual pressroom acquired in February 2015 by ePressPack.
- Mention: a media monitoring tool competing against Google Alerts.
- Front: a San Francisco-based startup that provides a shared email box to businesses.
- Aircall: a cloud-based virtual phone system.
- Spendesk: a smart spending solution for company.
- Slite: a note taking app for teams.
In June 2015, eFounders raised $6 million from private investor Oleg Tscheltzoff. In December 2016, eFounders raised an additional $5.3 million (€5 million) from entrepreneurs and family offices.
- Venture builders
- Li, Charmaine (April 2, 2015). "Sizing up the startup studio model: A look at eFounders, a company that builds companies".
- Elziere, Thibaud (September 16, 2014). "Startup Studio: the 3rd Co-founder Model".
- Elziere, Thibaud (January 26, 2015). "eFounders' startup building thesis".
- Perez, Sarah (April 18, 2012). "Cloud Emailer Mailjet Hits 1 Billion Emails Sent, Launches Apps For Tracking Emails In Real Time". TechCrunch.com.
- O'Hear, Steve (June 25, 2015). "Translation And Copywriting Platform TextMaster Scores $5M In New Funding". TechCrunch.com.
- "ePressPack announces the acquisition of PressKing and pursues its international development". February 26, 2015.
- Dillet, Romain (December 18, 2013). "Mention Becomes A Full-Fledged Media Monitoring Tool With Buffer Integration". TechCrunch.com.
- Sullivan, Mark (September 30, 2014). "Team email startup Front raises $3.1M for 'multi-player version of Gmail'". VentureBeat.
- Dillet, Romain (June 2, 2015). "Aircall Is The Easiest Way To Create And Manage Your Phone Customer Service". TechCrunch.com.
- Dillet, Romain (December 8, 2016). "Startup studio eFounders raises $5.3 million because it can't get enough of SaaS". TechCrunch.com.
- Lynley, Matthew (February 2, 2018). "Slite looks to build a new smarter notes tool for internal teams". TechCrunch.
- Dillet, Romain (June 23, 2015). "Startup Studio eFounders Grabs $6 Million To Build 6 New SaaS Startups". TechCrunch.com.
- Dillet, Romain (June 15, 2016). "Spendesk makes expenses and company cards suck less". TechCrunch.com.