E06 expressway (Sri Lanka)
The Ruwanpura Expressway, also known as the Ratnapura Expressway will be Sri Lanka's sixth E Class highway. The 71.8-kilometre-long (44.6 mi) highway will link the Kahathuduwa exit on the Southern Expressway with Pelmadulla, a major city in Sabaragamuwa Province, Sri Lanka, via Ratnapura, the provincial capital of Sabargamuwa Province.
|Maintained by the Road Development Authority|
|Length||71.8 km (44.6 mi)|
|History||Completion expected in early 2019|
|North end||Kahathuduwa E01 Southern Expressway|
|South end||Pelmadulla A4|
|Towns||Horana, Ingiriya, Kiriella, Kuruwita, Thiruwanaketiya, Ratnapura|
|Expressways of Sri Lanka|
Construction of the highway was then proposed to commence in January 2017 and be built in three stages. The construction contract was awarded to a Chinese Company. The expressway is now proposed to be completed by 2019. It is anticipated that the new expressway will reduce commuting time between Colombo and Ratnapura to 45 mins and Colombo and Palmadulla to one hour.
- "President approves construction of new highway via Ratnapura". NewsFirst.lk. 7 July 2014. Retrieved 3 October 2017.
- "GOVERNMENT TO CONSTRUCT RUWANPURA EXPRESSWAY". onlanka.com. 7 September 2014. Retrieved 3 October 2017.
- "Colombo-Ratnapura expressway work to begin soon". onlanka.com. 13 August 2014. Retrieved 3 October 2017.
- "Government to construct Ruwanpura Expressway". news.lk. 13 August 2014. Retrieved 3 October 2017.
- "Ruwanpura Expressway contract to a Chinese firm". February 2017. Retrieved 3 October 2017.
- Range, Irangika (12 July 2014). "Work on Ruwanpura Expressway to begin this year". Daily News. Archived from the original on 9 August 2014. Retrieved 23 July 2014.
- "Feasibility study for Colombo-Ratnapura highway completed". Read Sri Lanka. 10 July 2014. Retrieved 23 July 2014.