Dylan Marie Dreyer (born August 2, 1981) is an American television meteorologist working for NBC News. She is also an anchor on Today's 3rd Hour. Dreyer frequently appears on Today on weekdays as a weather correspondent and as a fill-in for Al Roker and Carson Daly. She also appears on The Weather Channel and on NBC Nightly News. Dreyer joined NBC News in September 2012 after having worked at the now former NBC station WHDH in Boston, Massachusetts since 2007.
Dylan Marie Dreyer
August 2, 1981
|Occupation||Meteorologist, News Correspondent|
Early life and educationEdit
Dreyer was born and raised in Manalapan Township, New Jersey and attended Manalapan High School, where she played softball and graduated in 1999. She earned a bachelor's degree in meteorology from Rutgers University in 2003. While in college, Dreyer briefly interned at WeatherWorks, a private consulting company in Hackettstown, NJ.
Dylan married NBC News producer and cameraman Brian Fichera in 2012. They live in the New York area. On June 10, 2016, Dreyer announced on Today that she was expecting her first child. On December 17, 2016, she gave birth to her first child, a son, Calvin. On July 17, 2019, Dreyer announced on Today that she was expecting her second child in January 2020. On January 2, 2020, she gave birth to her second child, a son, Oliver. On September 29, 2021, she gave birth to her third child, a son, Russell James. Her Last day on Weekend Today was January 29, 2022, but will remain on the Third Hour.
- "Baby Calvin surprised Dylan Dreyer for her birthday in the cutest outfit ever". TODAY.com.
- Clarendon, Don. "The Stunning Transformation Of Dylan Dreyer", TheList.com, March 9, 2021. Accessed February 24, 2022. "As a member of the Class of 1999 at Manalapan High School in New Jersey, Dylan Dreyer's 'true passion' was varsity girls' softball, as she revealed in a 2017 Today show segment when she revisited the school (and, to her chagrin, met high school seniors who were born the year she graduated)."
- "Alumni Story: Scientist and TV Personality Finds Meteorology Fun – Dylan Dreyer (CC '03)". Newsroom. December 20, 2013. Retrieved June 13, 2022.
- "Dylan Dreyer celebrates baby Russell's NICU graduation". TODAY.com. Retrieved June 13, 2022.
- "Dylan Dreyer". TODAY.com. Retrieved June 13, 2022.
- "Meet Dylan Dreyer: Everything About the Famous Meteorologist". The Teal Mango. April 13, 2022. Retrieved June 13, 2022.
- "'Today's' Dylan Dreyer on her blizzard car accident: 'It was so unfortunate' – Zap2it". blog.zap2it.com. Archived from the original on March 5, 2013. Retrieved April 2, 2014.
- "The More You Know - Journey with Dylan Dreyer". NBC. Archived from the original on August 2, 2017. Retrieved July 26, 2017.
- "Dylan Dreyer ties the knot in Boston – Boston News, New England News, WHDH-TV 7NEWS WHDH.COM". Archived from the original on October 9, 2012. Retrieved February 9, 2014.
- "Today's Dylan Dreyer's family home that totally defies the odds - photos". HELLO!. January 27, 2022. Retrieved June 13, 2022.
- "Dylan Dreyer announces first pregnancy on 'Today'". upi.com. Retrieved December 18, 2016.
- Vulpo, Mike (December 17, 2016). "Today Show Meteorologist Dylan Dreyer Gives Birth to a Baby Boy". eonline.com. Retrieved December 18, 2016.
- "After infertility struggle, Dylan Dreyer is pregnant again!". TODAY.com. Retrieved June 13, 2022.
- "Today's Dylan Dreyer Welcomes Son Oliver George with Husband Brian Fichera".
- "Dylan Dreyer gives birth to third son Russell James Fichera".
- Gajewski, Ryan (January 30, 2022). "Dylan Dreyer Exits 'Weekend Today' After 9 Years as Meteorologist". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved June 13, 2022.
- "Go, grandma! Dylan Dreyer shares her grandmother's record-breaking 'Price Is Right' run", Today Show. December 31, 2014. Retrieved January 2, 2015.