Durbin and Greenbrier Valley Railroad
The Durbin and Greenbrier Valley Railroad (reporting mark DGVR) is a heritage and freight railroad in the U.S. states of Virginia and West Virginia. It operates the West Virginia State Rail Authority-owned Durbin Railroad and West Virginia Central Railroad (reporting mark WVC), as well as the Shenandoah Valley Railroad in Virginia.
A preserved Climax locomotive #3 of the Durbin and Greenbrier Valley Railroad.
|Headquarters||Elkins, West Virginia|
|Track gauge||4 ft 8 1⁄2 in (1,435 mm) standard gauge|
Beginning in 2015, DGVR began operating the historic geared steam-powered Cass Scenic Railroad, which was previously operated by the West Virginia Division of Natural Resources as part of Cass Scenic Railroad State Park. 
The DGVR operates five different excursion trains in West Virginia:
- The New Tygart Flyer, which operates out of Elkins.
- The Durbin Rocket, powered by a Heisler geared logging locomotive, operates from Durbin.
- The Cheat Mountain Salamander which operates out of Elkins.
- The Mountain Explorer Dinner Train which also leaves from Elkins.
- The Cass Scenic Railroad which operates from Cass. Three CSR trains are offered - one to Whittaker Station (daily); one to Bald Knob (daily) and one to Spruce (special schedule).
- West Virginia Department of Transportation, Durbin Railroad
- West Virginia Department of Transportation, WV Central Railroad
- "POCAHONTAS TIMES: "State Rail Authority takes over Cass trains"". Retrieved 2014-12-02.
- "Durbin-Greenbrier Valley Railroad/New Tygert Flyer". Archived from the original on November 21, 2007. Retrieved 2007-11-17.
- "Tourist Railway review : Durbin & Greenbrier Valley Railroad in Durbin, WEST_VIRGINIA". Archived from the original on November 24, 2006. Retrieved 2007-11-17.
- Media related to Durbin and Greenbrier Valley Railroad at Wikimedia Commons
- Durbin and Greenbrier Valley Railroad
- HawkinsRails Durbin & Greenbrier Valley page
|This United States rail–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|