Dunfermline West (UK Parliament constituency)
This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2007) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Dunfermline West was a county constituency represented in the House of Commons of the Parliament of the United Kingdom from 1983 until 2005. It elected one Member of Parliament (MP) using the first-past-the-post voting system.
|Former County constituency|
for the House of Commons
Boundary of Dunfermline West in Scotland for the 2001 general election
|Number of members||One|
|Replaced by||Dunfermline & West Fife|
The seat of Dunfermline West contained all of the town of Dunfermline as well as territory on the north bank of the Firth of Forth. It took in the affluent villages of Limekilns, Crossford and Cairneyhill; it also included coalfield communities such as High Valleyfield, Saline, Blairhill and Oakley.
Members of ParliamentEdit
|1983||Dick Douglas||Labour Co-operative|
Elections in the 1980sEdit
|Labour Co-op||Dick Douglas||12,998||36.0||N/A|
|Social Democratic||Frank Moyes||9,434||26.1||N/A|
|Labour win (new seat)|
|Labour Co-op||Dick Douglas||18,493||47.1||+11.1|
|Social Democratic||Frank Moyes||8,288||21.1||−5.0|
Elections in the 1990sEdit
|Conservative||Michael D.A. Scott-Hayward||8,890||22.8||−0.3|
|Liberal Democrat||Elizabeth Harris||6,122||15.7||−5.4|
|Liberal Democrat||Elizabeth Harris||4,963||13.6||−2.0|
Elections in the 2000sEdit
|Liberal Democrat||Russel McPhate||4,832||15.6||+2.0|
|Scottish Socialist||Catherine Stewart||746||2.4||N/A|
|Labour hold||Swing||0.8 SNP to Labour|
- Leigh Rayment's Historical List of MPs – Constituencies beginning with "D" (part 4)
- "Election Data 1983". Electoral Calculus. Archived from the original on 15 October 2011. Retrieved 18 October 2015.
- "Election Data 1987". Electoral Calculus. Archived from the original on 15 October 2011. Retrieved 18 October 2015.
- "Election Data 1992". Electoral Calculus. Archived from the original on 15 October 2011. Retrieved 18 October 2015.
- "Election Data 1997". Electoral Calculus. Archived from the original on 15 October 2011. Retrieved 18 October 2015.
- "Election Data 2001". Electoral Calculus. Archived from the original on 15 October 2011. Retrieved 18 October 2015.