Dulha Mil Gaya
Dulha Mil Gaya (Hindi: दुल्हा मिल गया, English: Found a Groom) is a 2010 Bollywood romantic comedy film directed by Mudassar Aziz. It stars Fardeen Khan, Sushmita Sen and Ishita Sharma in the lead roles whilst Shahrukh Khan makes an extended appearance. It was released on 8 January 2010 and was one of the first Bollywood releases of 2010 (the other being Pyaar Impossible!, which released on the same day). Dulha Mil Gaya was panned by critics and did poorly at the box office, earning back roughly half its budget. Also this film was Fardeen Khan’s last film of his career.
|Dulha Mil Gaya
दुल्हा मिल गया
Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||Mudassar Aziz|
|Produced by||Vivek Vaswani|
|Screenplay by||Mudassar Aziz
|Story by||Vivek Vaswani
|Music by||Lalit Pandit|
|Edited by||Sanjay Ingle|
|Distributed by||Insight Productions
Morpheus Media Ventures
|Budget||₹25 crore (equivalent to ₹40 crore or US$6.1 million in 2017)|
|Box office||₹12 crore (equivalent to ₹19 crore or US$2.9 million in 2017)|
The story focuses on Donsai (Fardeen Khan), the heir to Dhanraj Empire. Donsai is extremely against marriage and believes one should never ruin his life by getting married. After the passing of his father, Suraj Rattan Dhanraj, the only way to inherit his father's five billion empire company, is to get married to his friend's Punjabi daughter, Samarpreet (Ishita Sharma). Donsai gets married in Punjab, and tells Samarpreet that he will return to Punjab after three months of business, though Donsai plans not to come back.
After three months, Samarpreet comes to Donsai's home to look for him, where she finds him with another woman. She runs out crying, until she is hit by a car. The car owner, Shimmer (Sushmita Sen), picks her up and takes Samarpreet to her home. When they get to Shimmer's home, it turns out Shimmer is one of Donsai's best friends. After Samarpreet gains consciousness, she tells Shimmer everything Donsai did to her. Shimmer decides to help Samarpreet and gives her a complete makeover—she even changes her name to "Samara".
After Donsai sees Samara (not knowing that she is his wife), he falls in love with her, and asks her out. Shimmer tells Samara to reject him; she accepts. Donsai then meets her at an yacht, where the two begin a conversation, and slowly Donsai decides to get married to her. At the same time, Shimmer's plan is ruined, due to her boyfriend Pawan Raj Gandhi (Shahrukh Khan) arriving unexpectedly for Karwa Chauth. Pawan realizes Samarpreet's problem, and offers to help out in the plan as well. Shimmer realises her feelings for PRG and she goes to meet him at the airport. At last Donsai accepts Samarpreet as his wife.
- Fardeen Khan as Tej “Donsai” Dhanraj
- Sushmita Sen as Shimmer Canhai
- Ishita Sharma as Samarpreet K Tej Dhanraj / Samara Capore
- Shahrukh Khan as a special appearance,Pawan Raj Gandhi (PRG)
- Tara Sharma as Tanvi
- Mohit Chadda as Jigar
- Suchitra Pillai as Jasmine
- Johnny Lever as Hussain Bhai
- Vivek Vaswani as Vakil
- Howard Rosemeyer as Lotus
- Parikshat Sahni as Mr. Kapoor
- Beena Kak as Gurnaam Kapoor
- Anushka Manchanda as Shyla (special appearance)
- Randhir Kapoor as Suraj Rattan Dhanraj (special appearance)
- Nataliya Kozhenova as Jenny
Shahrukh Khan was set to make a 60-minute appearance in the film. He filmed about 17 scenes and three songs. Among the three, one is his entry sequence. Khan enters the film in the second half but has a very powerful role. He was a part of the publicity but only in the parameters of his role. Dulha Mil Gaya was not marketed as a Shahrukh Khan film.
Sushmita plays the role of a successful supermodel called Shimmer.
About half of the movie was shot in Amritsar and Mumbai. The other half was filmed in Trinidad and Tobago over a month and a half period in 2007, making it the first Bollywood film to be shot in the islands. Production was delayed a year and a half while Shahrukh Khan found time to shoot his scenes. Production was further delayed when Khan injured his shoulder during an action scene. Dulha Mil Gaya was given a U certificate after nine cuts by the censor board.
The reviews were mostly all negative, blaming the script and lack of comedy. The film had a poor opening to top critics. It was mostly criticized by nearly all critics, though received well by public audiences.
Overall, Dulha Mil Gaya collected 12 crores worldwide. In India, the film was declared a flop; in the overseas markets, it was declared a semi hit.
|Dulha Mil Gaya|
|Soundtrack album by Various artists|
|Released||14 December 2009|
|Producer||Lalit Pandit, Pritam, Mudassar Aziz, Richard Mithra, Kashinath Kashyap, Abani Tanti|
The soundtrack was composed by Lalit Pandit and released on 14 December 2009. The lyrics are written by Mudassar Aziz; songs are arranged by Richard Mithra and Kashinath Kashyap; and all songs are mixed and engineered by Abani Tanti. The song Shiri Farhad had music composed by Pritam and lyrics by Kumaar. According to Pandit, he had to listen to hip hop music to compose the album as he had never heard songs of the genre and had no experience writing hip hop tracks.
|1.||"Dulha Mil Gaya"||Daler Mehndi||5:02|
|2.||"Akela Dil"||Adnan Sami and Anushka Manchanda||4:41|
|3.||"Aaja Aaja Mere Ranjhna"||Swananda and Anushka Manchanda||5:37|
|4.||"Magar Meri Jaan"||Anushka Manchanda, Mahua and Lalit Pandit||4:38|
|5.||"Tu Jo Jaan Le"||Sonu Nigam||5:13|
|6.||"Rang Diya Dil"||Shreya Ghoshal||5:25|
|7.||"Dilrubaon Ke Jalwe"||Amit Kumar and Monali Thakur||6:03|
|8.||"Rang Diya Dil" (Sad version)||Shreya Ghoshal||0:50|
|9.||"Shiri Farhad" (Bonus Track, composed by Pritam)||Neeraj Shridhar and Tulsi Kumar||4:46|
|10.||"Akela Dil" (Remix)||Adnan Sami and Anushka Manchanda, remixed by DJ A-Myth||4:03|
|11.||"Dulha Mil Gaya" (Remix)||Daler Mehndi, remixed by DJ A-Myth||4:34|
|12.||"Dilrubaon Ke Jalwe" (Remix)||Amit Kumar and Monali Thakur, remixed by DJ A-Myth||4:31|
- "SRKs Dulha Mil Gaya sold for Rs. 25 crore".
- "Dulha Mil Gaya". Ibosnetwork. Retrieved 14 July 2010.
- "Dulha Mil Gaya: Complete cast and crew details". Filmicafe Media Inc. Archived from the original on 2 December 2009. Retrieved 13 November 2009.
- Shahrukh Khan to do a cameo in Dulha Mil Gaya. India-server.com
- "Dulha Mil Gaya is my project out and out: Sushmita Sen".
- Geety Sahgal (18 December 2008). "Cross-checking Love". Screen. Archived from the original on 12 January 2010. Retrieved 12 January 2010.
- Upala KBR (28 January 2008). "SRK to undergo a shoulder surgery". Mid-Day. Retrieved 12 January 2010.
- 2010 to be the year of out-of-the-box flicks. Times of India
- "Box Office > Dulha Mil Gaya". Bollywoodtrade.com.
- "Box office Report". Rediff.com.
- "Dulha Mil Gaya runs to packed houses (probably because it was filmed in Trinidad)". Hindustan Times. 23 January 2010. Archived from the original on 5 February 2011.
- BBC Asian Network (10 January 2010). "Strictly Five Factor". Love Bollywood. BBC. Retrieved 12 January 2010.[link expired]