Nyadak "Duckie" Thot (born 23 October 1995) is an Australian model. Thot finished in third place on the eighth cycle of Australia's Next Top Model and made her runway debut at the Yeezy S/S 17 show. She is best known for being a face of Fenty Beauty as well as playing the lead role in the Alice in Wonderland-inspired 2018 Pirelli Calendar.
23 October 1995
|Height||5 ft 10.5 in (1.79 m)|
Thot was raised in Melbourne, Australia with her family as South Sudanese refugees. She is one of seven siblings, and the first to be born in Australia. In Melbourne, her classmates and teachers at school weren't able to pronounce her birth name, Nyadak; this led to Thot going by the nickname "Duckie", which she prefers to go by as a model.
Before her, Thot's sister, Nikki Thot, started her modelling career. Thot was introduced to the modelling industry by Thot, chaperoning her on photo shoots. From there, Thot became inspired to audition for cycle eight of Australia's Next Top Model, where she finished third.
Thot first tried to start a modelling career in Melbourne, where she found little success due to her darker complexion. She made the decision to move to Brooklyn, New York in hopes that she could become a more successful model in America. After scheduling meetings with multiple modeling agencies, Thot flew to New York. In New York, she got multiple offers to sign with agencies and ultimately chose to sign with New York Model Management.
Thot has done campaigns for Fenty x Puma, Fenty Beauty, Moschino, Balmain, and Oscar de la Renta. She debuted in the 2018 Victoria's Secret Fashion Show. She appeared on the cover art for CHIC's album It's About Time, which was released in September 2018.
Thot is currently ranked on the "Money Girls" list on Models.com.
- "Duckie Thot Is Going to Shock Us". Papermag.com. 16 September 2017. Retrieved 30 May 2018.
- "Duckie Thot - Women". New York Model Management. Archived from the original on 23 April 2018. Retrieved 22 April 2018.
- "Duckie Thot - Model". Models.com. Retrieved 30 May 2018.
- Eckardt, Stephanie. "No Wonder Rihanna Loves Duckie Thot, the Model Thriving in Pirelli's All-Black Calendar". Wmagazine.com. Retrieved 30 May 2018.
- Weiner, Zoë. "Duckie Thot Says Makeup Artists Still Can't Shade-Match Her". Teenvogue.com. Retrieved 30 May 2018.
- "Duckie Thot, Naomi Campbell Star in All-Black Pirelli Calendar". Harpersbazaar.com. 10 November 2017. Retrieved 30 May 2018.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 8 September 2018. Retrieved 10 May 2018.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Aussie model says she couldn't work in Australia due to her skin colour". news.com.au. Retrieved 30 May 2018.
- "Why Duckie Thot is fashion's new superstar". Standard.co.uk. Retrieved 30 May 2018.
- "Model Duckie Thot Stuns As The Face Of Oscar De La Renta SS 2018 Campaign". Hypehair.com. Retrieved 30 May 2018.
- Vogue. "Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2018: Everything You Need To Know". Retrieved 16 September 2018.
- "Exclusive: Chic Reveals the Album Cover for 'It's About Time' | V Magazine". vmagazine.com. Retrieved 29 September 2018.
- "MODELS.com's The Money Girls". models.com. Retrieved 13 January 2019.