Princess Sophie Antoinette of Brunswick-Wolfenbüttel(Redirected from Duchess Sophie Antoinette of Brunswick-Wolfenbüttel)
|Duchess of Saxe-Coburg-Saalfeld|
Portrait by Francesco Carlo Rusca
13 January 1724|
17 May 1802 (aged 78)|
|Spouse||Ernest Frederick, Duke of Saxe-Coburg-Saalfeld|
Prince Karl Wilhelm
Prince Ludwig Karl
Prince Ferdinand August
House of Wettin|
House of Brunswick-Bevern
|Father||Ferdinand Albert II, Duke of Brunswick-Lüneburg|
|Mother||Antoinette Amelie of Brunswick-Lüneburg|
She married Ernest Frederick, Duke of Saxe-Coburg-Saalfeld on 23 April 1749 at Wolfenbüttel. Among her notable great-grandchildren were Prince Albert, Queen Victoria, Ferdinand II of Portugal, Empress Carlota of Mexico and Leopold II of Belgium.
- Franz Frederick Anton, Duke of Saxe-Coburg-Saalfeld (b. Coburg 15 July 1750- d. Coburg, 9 December 1806), father of Leopold I of Belgium and grandfather of Leopold II, Empress Carlota of Mexico, Queen Victoria of Great Britain, and her husband Prince Albert.
- Karl Wilhelm Ferdinand (b. Coburg, 21 November 1751- d. Coburg, 16 February 1757).
- Fredericka Juliane (b. Coburg, 14 September 1752 - d. Coburg, 24 September 1752).
- Caroline Ulrike Amalie (b. Coburg, 19 October 1753 - d. Coburg, 1 October 1829), a nun at Gandersheim.
- Ludwig Karl Frederick (b. Coburg, 2 January 1755 - d. Coburg, 4 May 1806); he had an illegitimate son by some Mademoiselle Brutel de la Riviére: Ludwig Frederick Emil of Coburg (b. Hildburghausen, 1779 - d. Coburg, 1827). In turn, the five children of Ludwig Frederick were created Freiherren von Coburg. His descendants still alive.
- Ferdinand August Heinrich (b. Coburg, 12 April 1756 - d. Coburg, 8 July 1758).
- Frederick (b. Coburg, 4 March 1758 - d. Coburg, 26 June 1758).
- Huberty, M., Giraud, A., Magdelaine, F. & B. (1976–1994) L’Allemagne Dynastique, Vols I–VII (Alain Giraud, Le Perreux, France)
- Genealogie ascendante jusqu'au quatrieme degre inclusivement de tous les Rois et Princes de maisons souveraines de l'Europe actuellement vivans [Genealogy up to the fourth degree inclusive of all the Kings and Princes of sovereign houses of Europe currently living] (in French). Bourdeaux: Frederic Guillaume Birnstiel. 1768. p. 51.
Princess Sophie Antoinette of Brunswick-Wolfenbüttel
Cadet branch of the House of WelfBorn: 13 January 1724 Died: 17 May 1802
Anna Sophie of Schwarzburg-Rudolstadt
| Duchess consort of Saxe-Coburg-Saalfeld
16 September 1764 – 8 September 1800
Augusta Reuss of Ebersdorf