The Drummondville Voltigeurs are a junior ice hockey team of the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League (QMJHL). The franchise was originally granted for the 1982–83 season, and is based in Drummondville, Quebec, Canada, playing its home games at the Centre Marcel Dionne. The team won the QMJHL's President's Cup in 2009.
Voltigeurs de Drummondville
|League||Quebec Major Junior Hockey League|
|Home arena||Centre Marcel Dionne|
|Colours||Black, red, silver and white |
|General manager||Philippe Boucher|
|Head coach||Ryan Falkenham|
|Championships||2009 QMJHL Champions|
Drummondville had a QMJHL team at the foundation of the League in 1969, called the Drummondville Rangers. However, the team folded at the end of the 1973–74 season. For the 1982–83 season, the city was granted an expansion franchise, along with the Longueuil Chevaliers. The team was named for a Quebec-based regiment that fought in the War of 1812, the Canadian Voltigeurs. The Voltigeurs won both the President's Cup and Jean Rougeau Trophy during the 2008–09 season.
The Voltigeurs have participated in the Memorial Cup tournament three times. In 1988 and 1991, they participated as the QMJHL runner-up and in 2009 as League champions. In the 2009 Memorial Cup, the Voltigeurs finished second in the round robin, but lost to the Windsor Spitfires in the semi-finals.
- 1988 4th place (in Chicoutimi, Quebec)
- 1991 Finalists vs. Spokane Chiefs (in Quebec City, Quebec)
- 2009 Semi-Finalists vs. Windsor Spitfires (in Rimouski, Quebec)
- 1988 Finalists vs. Hull Olympiques (lost 4–3)
- 1991 Finalists vs. Chicoutimi Saguenéens (lost 4–0)
- 2009 Champions vs. Shawinigan Cataractes (won 4–3)
- 2008–09 – 112 points
- "Match historique à Drummondville". La Nouvelle Union. November 26, 2010. Archived from the original on October 30, 2013. Retrieved 2013-10-29.
- "Les Voltigeurs sont champions!". March 13, 2009. Retrieved 2013-10-29.
- King, Patrick (25 August 2009). "Memorial Cup: Voltigeurs preview". Sportsnet.ca. Retrieved 29 October 2013.
- Hale, J. (May 23, 2009). "The Junior Report: Windsor Ousts Drummondville in Overtime". The New York Times. Retrieved 2013-10-29.
- "Henrique' OT Winner Sends Windsor to Memorial Cap Final". TSN. May 22, 2009. Retrieved 2009-10-29.
- Duquette, Vincent. "La liste complète de tous les chandails retirés dans le hockey junior majeur canadien". journaldemontreal.com. Retrieved 10 April 2018. Italic or bold markup not allowed in: