Drona (2008 film)
Drona is a 2008 Bollywood superhero film directed by Goldie Behl, starring Abhishek Bachchan, Priyanka Chopra, Kay Kay Menon and Jaya Bachchan. Drona's special effects shots were worked on by EyeQube headed by Charles Darby and David Bush. The movie features Indian martial arts such as Kalaripayattu, Chhau, Gatka, and sword fighting. It was filmed in Prague, Bikaner, Maharashtra, Rajasthan, and Namibia. The trailer was attached to Vipul Shah's Singh is Kinng (2008) and Raghav Khattar's Marathi film Vishavnath (2008).
Movie poster for Drona
|Directed by||Goldie Behl|
|Produced by||Shrishti Arya|
|Written by||Goldie Behl|
Kay Kay Menon
|Music by||Dhruv Ghanekar|
|Edited by||Shyam K. Salgonkar|
Rose Audio Visuals
|Distributed by||Eros Entertainment|
Made on a budget of 45 crores the film earned less than 15 crores and was a disaster at the box office.
- Distributor: Eros International
- Production House: Rose Movies
- Director: Goldie Behl
- Screenplay: Goldie Behl, Jaydeep Sarkar
- Cinematography: Sameer Arya
- Assistant Cinematography: Vineet Malhotra
- Director Action: Tom Delmar
- Editing: Shyam K. Salgonkar
- Music Director: Dhruv Ghanekar
- Costume Design: Anaita Shroff
- Special Effects Design: David Bush
- Digital Intermediate Supervision: Steve Shaw, Digital Praxis
- The Making Of Drona: Nazar Abbas
The movie was produced with budget over ₹45 crore (US$6.5 million) on special effects with a VFX experts of 60 working on the movie for over 6 months. Mainly the team has been collaborating with EyeQube Studios with Eros to achieve the perfect quality effects. Crew contained 250 visual effects artists animators designers painters matters and developers.
Sukanya Verma of Rediff gave the movie 2.5 stars and mentioned, "Considering its fantastical theme, Drona is officially escapist and hence isn't obligated to broadcast logic beyond conveying 'good wins over evil' and 'conquer your fear by facing it' message." The film became the biggest disaster of Abhishek's career. Hindustan times write Like it or not, Drona is artless, arrogant, brazenly derivative and terribly acted by one and all (except for that puckish dwarf maybe).
|1.||"Bandagi"||Roop Kumar Rathod, Sunidhi Chauhan|
|2.||"Drona (Title Song)"||Dhruv Ghanekar|
|3.||"Drona (Title Song - Version 2)"||Sunidhi Chauhan|
|4.||"Nanhe Nanhe"||Sadhana Sargam, Nandini Srikar|
|5.||"Khushi"||Shaan, Suzanne DMello, Francois Castellino, Dean Devlin, Sunaina Gupta|
|6.||"Oop Cha"||Sunidhi Chauhan, Nandini Srikar|
|7.||"Oop Cha (remix)"||Sunidhi Chauhan, Nandini Srikar|
- Screen Weekly News Network (22 September 2008). "Unleashing visual effects in Drona". Bollywood Hungama. Archived from the original on 28 February 2009. Retrieved 9 April 2011.
- Bamzai, Kaveree (14 February 2008). "Drona shows a number of Indian martial arts". India Today. Retrieved 9 April 2011.
- "Ten big-budget Bollywood box-office disasters". www.livemint.com. Retrieved 13 September 2016.
- Mahaldar, Manisha. "Drona, a visual treat with special FX". Ibnlive. Retrieved 29 April 2014.
- "Review: Drona". Hindustan times. 7 June 2012. Retrieved 11 December 2018.