This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Birth name||David Balsher|
|Occupation(s)||Record producer, Recording Artist, Mixing Engineer, Record Label Owner|
|Associated acts||Cashless Society, Young Nations, Blacwater, Whosane|
Draztik was born in Francistown, Botswana and grew up in Sacramento, California. He is a record producer, founder and CEO of Unreleased Records which is based in Johannesburg, South Africa. Draztik has produced for various South African, Botswana and US hip hop artists. Draztik won the best producer award at the Botswana hip hop awards in 2005. Draztik is one of the original members of South African hip hop group Cashless Society. He along with fellow group member Gemini produced their 1st studio album "African Raw Material Vol 1". He went on to produce their most popular single "Hottentot Hop Bantu 1,2". In 2005 Draztik went on to produce Young Nations 1st studio album "Nations Uprising". He also produced Young Nations biggest song from the album "Zwakala Emzansi". The song samples South African group Stimela's "Zwakala".
His production credits includes Cashless Society, Young Nations, PDot O, Blaklez, L-Tido, F-eezy, Nveigh, Pro Kid, Zuluboy, Whosane, Nkululeko Habedi aka Flabba, HHP, Maggz, Reason, Silence Dem All, Doey Rock aka Mean Doe Green, Imbube, Oracle, Nomadic, Zeus, Apollo Diablo and Stagga.
His television and radio productions include producing the theme song and commercials for Jam Alley (Crew vs Crew), licensing songs in Yizo Yizo 3 Television Show, television commercial for CNN Inside Africa, and theme songs for Channel O – (Amplified & Call In). He also has produced commercials for South African Breweries, Independent Electoral Commission and FIFA 2010 pre-game commercial for Chile Vs Honduras.
Draztik has started working on his 1st studio album and solo mix-tape to be released in 2016. He is also working on finalising production for group Blacwater. The album will also be released on Unreleased Records in 2016 and will feature Balance, Shark Sinatra, Whosane, MXO and Young Nations.
Draztik recorded and mixed 8 of 14 songs on Blaklez album "A Broken Man's Dream" at Unreleased Records Studios. He also produced "World Is Mine" featuring PdotO and Reason including his album intro "Deja Vu". Draztik also produced PdotO single "Forgive'Em" featuring Blaklez and Percy Mthunzdi. He also has upcoming songs on Nveigh's album to be released in 2016.
In 2013, Draztik alongside South African producer Trompie, set up a producers blog and website called The Beat Resource site. Draztik was interviewed in January 2016 on Kaya FM "Where are they now" GITA show with DJ Georgie.
This section may require cleanup to meet Wikipedia's quality standards. The specific problem is: Formatting, non-use of wikitable(s), laundry list appearance, unreferenced (November 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
- Cashless Society – Blaze Tha Breaks Released on Fondle'Em Records – New York 18 July 2000
- Cashless Society – Blaze Tha Breaks (EP) Released on Unreleased Records June 2001
- Cashless Society – African Raw Material Vol 1 Released on Unreleased Records December 2003
- Young Nations – Nations Uprising Released on Unreleased Records & Gallo Record Company October 2005
- Pro Kid – Heads and Tales Released on Gallo Record Company May 2005
- Imbizo Street Mixtapes Vol 1 Released on Unreleased Records August 2005
- Zuluboy – Masihambisane Released on Native Rhythms and EMI September 2006
- Flabba – Nkuli vs Flabba Released on EMI October 2006
- Hype Magazine Sessions Vol 16 – Young Nations – Graffiti Released 2007
- Hype Magazine Sessions Vol 18 – Imbube – Qeda Indlala Released December/January 2008
- Imbube – Hip Hop Theatre Released on Unreleased Records 16 June 2008
- F-eezy – Skelem For $ale Released on Unreleased Records 27 July 2009
- Young Nations – U.nited S.tates of A.frica (USA) Released on Unreleased Records 1 March 2010
- 985 – Re-Dail 985 Released on Unreleased Records 1 March 2010
- Pangaea – Black Diamonds 2010
- BlacWater – Rebel Come Down feat. Young Nations & Lasro (1st Single From BlacWater) Released on Unreleased Records October 2010
- Draztik Beats "Chasin Money" feat. Whosane Released 7 April 2011
- DJ Lemonka – GC All Stars "The Hustle" feat. Lex, Scar, Touch, Samba-T & Tshepo Lesole Released 7 October 2011
- BlacWater – The Truth feat. Shark Sinatra & Balance (2nd Single From BlacWater) Released on Unreleased Records October 2011
- Draztik Beats "Money Man" feat. PDot O, Blaklez, Maggz & Marlon Released 17 October 2011
- Hype Magazine – (DJ Fanatic) – DJ Lemonka – GC All Stars "The Hustle" feat. Lex, Scar, Touch, Samba-T & Tshepo Lesole Released February/March 2012
- Draztik Beats "Certified Fireman" feat. PDot O, Blaklez & Whosane Released 15 March 2012
- BlacWater – The Truth feat. Shark Sinatra & Balance (Video – 2nd Single From BlacWater) Released on Unreleased Records 20 March 2012
- Draztik Beats – Certified Fireman feat. PDot O, Blaklez & Whosane (Video – TBA)
- Draztik & Whosane – Slates In Released 10 December 2012
- L.Tido – Praise (All or Nothing) Released Universal Music South Africa October 2013
- Blaklez - A Broken Mans Dream – Released Universal Music South Africa November 2015
- PdotO - Forgive'em - Released on Capcity Records 15 January 2015
- "Botswana's First Annual Hip Hop Music Awards". AfricasGateway.com. 20 August 2004. Retrieved 13 November 2016. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "#TBT Cashless Society – Hottentot Hop (Bantu 1,2) Video". Koolout.co.za. 20 June 2014. Retrieved 13 November 2016. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Blaklez Has Released The Tracklist For His Upcoming Album". HYPE Magazine. 1 October 2015. Retrieved 13 November 2016. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Metane, Siya (15 January 2016). "Stream & Download: @PDotO_SA ft @BlakLez x @PercyMthunzi - Forgive Em: Urban culture and music in South Africa". Slikouronlife.co.za. Retrieved 13 November 2016. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Exclusive interview with Draztik of Cashless Society. by KayaFm959 | Kaya Fm959 | Free Listening on SoundCloud". Soundcloud.com. 14 October 2016. Retrieved 13 November 2016. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)