Dragon's Eye (symbol)
According to Rudolf Koch, the Dragon's Eye is an ancient Germanic symbol. The Dragon's Eye is an isosceles or equilateral triangle pointing downward, with a "Y" in the middle connecting the three points of the triangle together. According to Carl G. Liungman's Dictionary of Symbols, it combines the triangle meaning "threat" and the "Y" meaning a choice between good and evil.
The dragon's eye resembles a two dimensional projection of a tetrahedron viewed from directly above one of its vertices. Secuh a 2-D representation has been part of the logo of the Citgo Petroleum Company ever since 1982, when it was spun off from Cities Services Company.
The dragon's eye was used by the white nationalist organization Identity Evropa as their logo from their founding in 2016 until they re-branded themselves as the "American Identity Movement" in 2019.
The shape has been incorporated in the logo for the Ingress video game since its original public release in 2013. According to the in-universe mythology, the triangle represents humanity, while the hexagon represents the "Shapers".
- Junkers, the logo for which resembles the dragon's eye
- The Book of Signs by Rudolf Koch (London 1930 ; New York, 1955). ISBN 0-486-20162-7
- Dictionary of Symbols, by Carl G. Liungman, W. W. Norton & Company. ISBN 0-393-31236-4
- Pearce, Matt (August 14, 2017). "A guide to some of the far-right symbols seen in Charlottesville". LA Times. Retrieved March 17, 2018.
- "We, at Niantic Labs at Google, are really excited to let you know that our biggest milestone since the introduction of Ingress is just around the corner".
- "A little insight into the symbolism of the Ingress and Faction emblems".