Draft:Untitled Cassian Andor series
|This is a draft article. It is a work in progress open to editing by anyone. Please ensure core content policies are met before publishing it as a live Wikipedia article at Untitled Cassian Andor series. |
|Untitled Cassian Andor series|
|Created by||Jared Bush|
|Based on||Cassian Andor|
by John Knoll
|Country of origin||United States|
|Executive producer(s)||Stephen Schiff|
|Distributor||Disney–ABC Domestic Television|
The untitled Cassian Andor series is an upcoming American spy thriller web television series created for Disney+ by Jared Bush, based on the Star Wars character Cassian Andor. It is set in the Star Wars universe, sharing continuity with the films of the franchise, and takes place before the 2016 film Rogue One. The series is produced by Lucasfilm, with Stephen Schiff serving as showrunner.
Diego Luna and Alan Tudyk reprise their roles as Cassian and K-2SO, respectively, from Rogue One. By February 2018, Lucasfilm was developing a number of live-action Star Wars series for Disney+, with one on Cassian officially confirmed in November 2018, along with Luna's involvement. Schiff was hired later that month. In April 2019, Tudyk was confirmed to portray K-2SO in the series as well. Filming of the series is expected to begin in October 2019.
The series is expected to be released in the second year of the streaming service.
Cast and charactersEdit
In November 2017, it was announced that Lucasfilm was developing a live-action Star Wars for Disney's streaming service, Disney+. Disney CEO Bob Iger confirmed in February that several Star Wars live-action series were in development specifically for the Disney streaming service. In November 2018, Iger confirmed that a prequel series to the 2016 film Rogue One centered on Cassian Andor was in development and that Diego Luna would reprise his role from the film. Later that month, Stephen Schiff was hired as showrunner and executive producer of the series. Additionally, it was further reported that the series had been developed by Jared Bush who had written a pilot script and a series bible.
With the official announcement of the series in November 2018 came confirmation that Luna would reprise his role of Cassian in the series. In April 2019, Alan Tudyk was confirmed to be reprising his role of K-2SO.
The series is expected to be released on Disney+ in 2020–2021, the second year of the streaming service.
- Lang, Brent (November 8, 2018). "'Star Wars': Diego Luna to Lead Spinoff Series". Variety. Archived from the original on November 15, 2018. Retrieved December 1, 2018.
- D'Alessandro, Anthony; Patten, Dominic (April 11, 2019). "Alan Tudyk To Reprise K-2SO Role In 'Star Wars: Rogue One' Disney+ Series With Diego Luna; 'The Mandalorian' Gets Launch Date". Deadline Hollywood. Archived from the original on June 10, 2019. Retrieved June 10, 2019.
- Stanhope, Kate; Jarvey, Natalie (November 9, 2017). "'Star Wars' Live-Action TV Series to Launch on Disney Streaming Service". The Hollywood Reporter. Archived from the original on June 11, 2019. Retrieved August 1, 2018.
- Goldberg, Lesley; Couch, Aaron (February 6, 2018). "'Star Wars' TV Series: Disney Developing "a Few" for Its Streaming Service". The Hollywood Reporter. Archived from the original on June 11, 2019. Retrieved August 1, 2018.
- Andreeva, Nellie (November 30, 2018). "Disney+ 'Star Wars' Series Starring Diego Luna Taps Stephen Schiff As Showrunner". Deadline Hollywood. Archived from the original on June 9, 2019. Retrieved June 9, 2019.
- "Rogue One Series Has A Filming Date". TheForce.Net. December 31, 2018. Archived from the original on June 11, 2019. Retrieved June 11, 2019.
- Pedersen, Eric (April 11, 2019). "Disney+ Full List Of Programming: Streaming Service's Series, Movies, Specials & More". Deadline Hollywood. Archived from the original on April 12, 2019. Retrieved April 12, 2019.