|Submission declined on 5 February 2018 by talk). (|
This submission appears to read more like an advertisement than an entry in an encyclopedia. Encyclopedia articles need to be written from a neutral point of view, and should refer to a range of independent, reliable, published sources, not just to materials produced by the creator of the subject being discussed. This is important so that the article can meet Wikipedia's verifiability policy and the notability of the subject can be established. If you still feel that this subject is worthy of inclusion in Wikipedia, please rewrite your submission to comply with these policies.
This submission's references do not show that the subject qualifies for a Wikipedia article—that is, they do not show significant coverage (not just passing mentions) about the subject in published, reliable, secondary sources that are independent of the subject. Before any resubmission, additional references meeting these criteria should be added (see technical help and learn about mistakes to avoid when addressing this issue). If no additional references exist, the subject is not suitable for Wikipedia.
Declined by 23 months ago. Last edited by C.Fred 45 days ago. Reviewer: Inform author.
|Submission declined on 6 January 2018 by talk). (|
Declined by 2 years ago.
Features section is much too long -- should either be removed or rewritten as prose. Please also try to find more sources that are not press releases.
|Written in||Python, C++, Node.js|
|Type||network management, network monitoring|
Domotz Pro is an emerging network monitoring and remote tech support system for IT professionals, Managed Service Providers and AV installers. It discovers, inventories network devices and tracks connected end-nodes. It combines remote monitoring with remote access and power management features..
- Network discovery and deep device identification
- Automated device/switch network mapping
- Monitoring o Device status, TCP services and SNMP
- Detection of connectivity issues and network intruders
- Network speed tests, route analysis, network interfaces traffic and errors
- Remote Device Access (RDP, http, https, ssh, telnet, proprietary TCP protocols)
- Remote Power Management (soft reboots, wake-on-lan, support for PoE switches, smart plugs, UPS and Power Distribution Units)
- Support for Home/Office Automation non-IP protocols (Cresnet/Crestron, Zigbee/Control4)
- IT reports and operator actions logging
Domotz was founded in 2014 in London (UK) by Domenico Crapanzano, a former investment banker with a passion for technology and networking. Development started in late 2014 in London (UK) and Pisa (Italy).The first public version was launched at CES 2016 in Las Vegas. In May 20016 the company acquired Fing, a popular network scanning mobile app. In May 2017 Domotz opened its U.S. headquartier in Salt Lake City (Utah).
In 2017, Domotz has won Tech Home Mark of Excellence Award at CES 2017 for Best Home Technology Integration Product and the CE Pro BEST (Best Electronics Systems Technologies) Awards for Remote Systems Management
Access is available on a monthly subscription basis. A monitoring agent has to be installed in the network. It can be installed on Linux Debian, Raspberry PI, Netgear ReadyNAS, QNAP NAS, Synology NAS. Some manufacturers, such as TRENDnet and Luxul, are also commercialising hardware appliances running the Domotz software agent.
- "Global Network Monitoring Tools Market Size, Status and Forecast 2022". QYResearchReports.com.
- Cottrell, Les. "Network Monitoring Tools". Stanford's SLAC National Accelerator Laboratory.
- Prospero, Mike (14 Jan 2016). "Domotz Turns Raspberry Pi Into Smart-Home Hub". Tom's Guide.
- Reid, Doug (25 Feb 2016). "Domotz DIY Reviewed". SmallNetBuilder.
- "Company Overview of DOMOTZ UK LLP". Bloomberg.
- Ingham, Edmund (19 Jan 2016). "The Banker Turned Entrepreneur Bringing The Connected Home A Step Closer To Reality". Forbes.
- "CES 2016 Exhibitor Profiles". BusinessWire.
- Jacobson, Jule (17 May 2016). "Domotz Acquires Fing, Has Big Plans for IP Device Discovery and Small Data". CE Pro Magazine.
- Knot, Jason (17 May 2017). "Domotz Names Luxul VP Clark Roundy New CEO".
- "Winners and Finalists". Consumer Technology Association.
- "CE Pro Names 2017 BEST Award Winners at CEDIA". CE Pro Magazine.
- "QNAP NAS Supports Domotz". QNAP.
- "Domotz Package for DSM". Synology.
- "TRENDnet Remote Network Management Powered by Domotz". TRENDnet.
- "DOMOTZ PRO REMOTE MANAGEMENT SYSTEM". Luxul.