Dr. Bhimrao Ambedkar Law University (ALU Jaipur) is an residential-cum-affiliating University specialized in legal studies in Indian state of Rajasthan's capital Jaipur. It was established by Dr. Bhimrao Ambedkar Law University, Jaipur Bill, 2019, a bill passed by the Rajasthan assembly in February 2019 and notified on 26 February 2019. In February 2020, Dev Swarup, Additional Secretary of UGC and former Vice Chancellor of University of Rajasthan has been appointed as first vice-chancellor of the University. The university is named after Bhimrao Ambedkar, Indian scholar, social reformer, and the architect of the Indian Constitution. The university is recognized by the Bar Council of India.
Motto in English
|Knowledge is Immortal|
|Chancellor||Governor of Rajasthan|
- ^ "Act and Ordinance of ALU University". alujaipur.ac.in. 26 February 2019. Retrieved 5 May 2020.
- ^ "The bill related to journalism and law university passed in the Rajasthan legislative assembly". navbharattimes.indiatimes.com. 14 February 2019. Retrieved 12 May 2019.
- ^ "Rajasthan Assembly passed Bill of law university" (PDF). rajassembly.nic.in. 14 February 2019. Retrieved 12 May 2019.
- ^ "Ashok Gehlot funds his poll promises". DNA India. 14 February 2019. Retrieved 12 May 2019.
- ^ "Swarup is new V-C of law univ | Jaipur News - Times of India".
- ^ "BCI recognition for Bhimrao Ambedkar Law University". Times of India. Archived from the original on 6 July 2021. Retrieved 7 August 2021.