Dott is a Dutch-French micromobility company based in Amsterdam which was founded in January 2019. Dott operates over 30,000 shared electric scooters and electric bikes in 17 cities in Europe. Dott is one of the three companies that are authorized to operate rentals of electric scooters in London during a one year trial of the use of e-scooters.
|Founded||7 January 2019|
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
|Founder||Henri Moissinac, Maxim Romain|
|Headquarters||Amsterdam, The Netherlands|
Number of employees
|ca. 300 (April 2021)|
Dott was founded in September 2019 by Henri Moissinac and Maxim Romain. It had its Series A round of funding in 2019, raising €30 million led by EQT Ventures and Naspers; this was followed by a Series B round in April for $85 million, led by Sofina.
The company was selected along with companies TIER and Lime to participate in a year-long trial of the use of e-scooters as a method of transportation in London. It will deploy up to 6,600 scooters there during the course of the trial, which will be available for rental use via an app.
- "Dutch-French e-scooter startup Dott raises $85 million as it plans to roll out e-bikes". Retrieved 2022-04-17.
- "Transparency register". Retrieved 2021-04-17.
- "Dutch-French e-scooter startup Dott raises $85 million as it plans to roll out e-bikes". Retrieved 2021-04-20.
- "Dott to expand beyond e-scooters with bike-sharing service". Retrieved 2021-04-17.
- O'Brien, Ciara (30 June 2021). "Escooter company to use smart technology ahead of Irish launch". The Irish Times. Retrieved 8 July 2021.
- O'Reilly, Gem (9 June 2021). "E-scooters 'not safe' without audible signals". BBC News. Retrieved 8 July 2021.
- "Amsterdam-based Dott raises another €30 million to roll out its safe e-bikes and scooters". 4 July 2019. Retrieved 2021-04-17.
- "Dott raises $34 million to build a sustainable scooter startup". Retrieved 2021-04-17.
- "European e-scooter and micromobility startup Dott raises $85 million". Retrieved 2021-04-20.
- Whitlock, Robin (10 June 2021). "Dott launches e-scooters on the streets of Londo". Renewable Energy Magazine. Archived from the original on 2021-06-10.
- "E-scooter trial launches in London, but riders may 'race against clock' with pay per minute fee". inews.co.uk. 2021-06-07. Retrieved 2021-07-08.