Dot Dot News
The neutrality of this article is disputed. (November 2019) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Dot Dot News (點新聞) is a pro-Beijing online media located in Hong Kong, which was established in 2016. Dot Dot News has a close relationship with Wen Wei Po. For example, they are sharing the same office in Hing Wai Industrial Centre at Tin Wan.
Dot Dot News has been considered as a platform of fake news and hate speech. Its Facebook page was deleted by the Facebook administrator in September 2019 because of distributing hate speech and rumours. Dot Dot News criticized the action of Facebook as a suppression of freedom of speech.
Facebook Page being deleted Owing to Fake News and Hate SpeechEdit
In early September 2019, Facebook introduced the fact check mechanism in Hong Kong, in the hope of suppressing fake news via collaboration with Agence France-Presse and gatekeeping of senior reporters. They would validate the trustfulness of the news and information shared vi Facebook.。
On 11 September, the Facebook page of Dot Dot News was banned. Dot Dot News launched an appeal and the page was resumed on 12 November.
On 13 September, their Facebook page was deleted again. Dot Dot News launch the pages of 2.0 and 3.0, but both were gradually deleted. Facebook warned that if they repeat their behaviour, the relevant personal account would also be banned.
On 20 September, They opened another Facebook page named 點新聞dotdotnewsmedia, and claimed they would fight against unreasonable suppression. Wen Wei Po criticized Facebook for suppressing the press freedom and cut the Hong Kong citizens from getting rational and patriotic messages 。Dot Dot News were also supported by Pro-Beijing online Media HKGPao and Silent Majority.。
Global Times quoted an anonymous analyst, which suggested including Facebook into part of the unreliable entity list。
- 張嘉敏 (2019-09-14). "【逃犯條例】點新聞fb專頁被刪另開新帳戶 曾以輕生者作假新聞". 香港01.
- "點、橙、輕、G、堅.... 建制網媒出沒注意！". 立場新聞. 2016-08-15. Archived from the original on 2019-08-14. Retrieved 2019-07-04.
- 陳倩婷 (2019-06-16). "【逃犯條例】《點新聞》指鄺Ｘ宇教唆墮樓 鄺俊宇斥踩屍體作新聞". 香港01 (in Chinese). Retrieved 2019-11-13.
- "問林鄭「幾時死」 人民日報狠批香港記者「無良港媒」 | 立場報道 | 立場新聞". 立場新聞 Stand News. Retrieved 2019-11-13.
- "臉書"雙標"不要臉 點新聞力抗打壓". hk.crntt.com. Retrieved 2019-11-13.
- Cite error: The named reference
HK022was invoked but never defined (see the help page).
- "建制網媒《點新聞》Fb專頁被封 即開新Page投訴遭滅聲". 熱血時報. 2019-09-14. Archived from the original on 2019-09-15. Retrieved 2019-09-22.
- "facebook四封點新聞 縱容山寨橫行". 文匯報. 2019-09-18. Retrieved 2019-09-29.
- "臉書"雙標"不要臉 點新聞力抗打壓". 中國評論新聞網. 2019-09-20.
- "愛國愛港傳媒力挺點新聞". 文匯報. 2019-09-25.
- Sarah Zheng (2019-09-16). "Chinese state media hits out at Facebook for 'suppressing voices of justice' in Hong Kong". 南華早報. Archived from the original on 2019-09-19. Retrieved 2019-09-22.
- "點新聞 1999". www.facebook.com (in Chinese). Retrieved 2019-09-28.
- Rosita (2019-09-27). "「927」FB打壓事件簿". 點新聞 (in Chinese). Retrieved 2019-09-28.