Doris M. Curtis Outstanding Woman in Science Award
The Doris M. Curtis Outstanding Woman in Science Award, also known as the Subaru Outstanding Woman in Science Award is a prize given annually by the Geological Society of America to "...women who have made a significant impact on the geosciences with their Ph.D. research." The award is named in memory of Doris Malkin Curtis, first female president of the GSA, and sponsored by Subaru.
Recipients of the award are listed below.
|2018||Andrea Balbas||California Institute of Technology||Application of cosmogenic nuclides and argon geochronology to paleoclimate, paleomagnetism, and paleohydrology.|||
|2017||Sonia M. Tikoo||Rutgers University||Planetary geology - the understanding of the paleomagnetism of lunar rocks and impact craters.|||
|2016||Christine A. Regalla||Pennsylvania State University||Tectonic evolution of northern Japan.|||
|2015||Priya M. Ganguli||University of California, Santa Cruz||Processes that influence mercury dynamics in coastal ecosystems.|||
|2014||Ami L. Ricassi||Oak Ridge National Laboratory||Controls on streamwater dissolved and particulate mercury within three mid-Appalachian forested headwater catchments.|||
|2013||Whitney M. Behr||University of Texas at Austin||Measurement of flow stress in ductilely deformed rocks in the crust in south-eastern California and southern Spain.|||
|2012||Phoebe A. Cohen||Harvard University||Precambrian paleontology - eukaryotic fossil groups from the Neoproterozoic.|||
|2011||Naomi E. Levin||Johns Hopkins University||Understanding how landscapes and terrestrial organisms respond to past climate change.|||
|2010||Kateryna Klotchko||University of Maryland, College Park||Calibration and theoretical understanding of the boron isotope-pH proxy.|||
|2009||Jaime D. Barnes||University of New Mexico||Chlorine isotope geochemistry of a wide range of geological materials.|||
|2008||Lorraine E. Lisiecki||University of California, Santa Barbara||Computational approaches to the comparison and interpretation of paleoclimate records.|||
|2007||Tanja Bosak||California Institute of Technology||Laboratory models to examine microbial biosignatures in carbonate rocks|||
|2006||Elizabeth S. Cochran||University of California, Los Angeles||Tidal triggering of earthquakes and crustal active fault zone microcracks.|||
|2005||Michelle Walvoord||New Mexico Institute of Mining and Technology||Revision of the understanding of flow processes in desert regions where water tables are greater than 50 meters deep.|||
|2003||Marin K. Clark|
|2002||Miriam E. Katz||Micropaleontology|||
|2000||Emily E. Brodsky|
|1999||Carrie E. Schweitzer|||
- "Elizabeth Cochran to receive GSA 2006 Subaru Outstanding Woman in Science Award". EurekAlert!. Retrieved 2018-11-27.
- "Scientific prizes and awards / Earth sciences - Subaru Outstanding Woman in Science Award". International Centre for Scientific Research. Retrieved 26 November 2018.
- "Geological Society of America award winners for 2018". EurekaAlert. 5 July 2018. Retrieved 27 November 2018.
- "Geological Society of America honors Excellence in Geoscience for 2017". EurekaAlert. 6 July 2017. Retrieved 27 November 2018.
- "Department of Geosciences Newsletter 2017-2018" (PDF). Pennsylvania State University. Retrieved 27 November 2018.
- "Alumna Priya Ganguli wins GSA Outstanding Woman in Science Award". UC Santa Cruz. 22 July 2015. Retrieved 27 November 2018.
- "2014 medals and awards of the Geological Society of America". EurekaAlert. 7 July 2014. Retrieved 27 November 2018.
- "Whitney Behr Named Outstanding Woman in Science". The University of Texas at Austin. 2 November 2015. Retrieved 27 November 2018.
- "Phoebe Cohen, Assistant Professor of Geosciences". Williams College. Retrieved 27 November 2018.
- "Johns Hopkins Geologist Naomi Levin Wins Young Scientist Award". Johns Hopkins University. 5 August 2013. Retrieved 27 November 2011.
- "Klochko Wins 2010 GSA Outstanding Woman in Science Award". Carnegie Institution of Washington. Retrieved 27 November 2018.
- "The Geological Society of America recognizes role models for women and minorities in the geosciences". EurekaAlert. 2 December 2009. Retrieved 27 November 2018.
- "GSA honors science, stewardship, and service for 2008". EurekaAlert. 29 October 2008. Retrieved 27 November 2018.
- "Tanja Bosak to receive GSA 2007 Subaru Outstanding Woman in Science Award". EurekaAlert. 30 August 2007. Retrieved 27 November 2018.
- "Elizabeth Cochran to receive GSA 2006 Subaru Outstanding Woman in Science Award". EurekaAlert. 7 August 2006. Retrieved 27 November 2018.
- "Colorado resident receives Outstanding Woman in Science Award from Subaru". www.usgs.gov. Retrieved 2018-11-27.
- "Michelle Walvoord '94 Receives Outstanding Woman in Science Award". Hamilton College. 21 October 2005. Retrieved 27 November 2018.
- "Costanza Bonadonna". www.unige.ch. Retrieved 2018-11-27.
- Katz, Mimi (Nov 2018). "Katz Faculty". RPI.
- "Ingrid Hendy | U-M LSA Earth and Environmental Sciences". lsa.umich.edu. Retrieved 2018-11-27.
- "Carrie Schweitzer | Department of Geology | Kent State University". www.kent.edu. Retrieved 2018-11-27.