Armstrong in 2017
|No. 92 – Dallas Cowboys|
|Born:||June 10, 1997|
|Height:||6 ft 4 in (1.93 m)|
|Weight:||262 lb (119 kg)|
|High school:||North Shore (Houston, Texas)|
|NFL Draft:||2018 / Round: 4 / Pick: 116|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics as of Week 14, 2019|
|Player stats at PFR|
Armstrong attended North Shore Senior High School in Cloverleaf, Texas. He played as a defensive end. He received second-team All-District honors as a junior. He received first-team All-district honors as a senior. He also played basketball.
He accepted a football scholarship from to the University of Kansas. As a freshman, he appeared in all 12 games and started the last 5 contests at defensive end. He registered 23 tackles, 5 tackles for loss, 3.5 sacks (second on the team), and 4 passes defensed (second on the team).
As a sophomore, he had a breakout season. He led the team and was second in the conference with 10 sacks, the most by a school player since 2008. He posted 56 tackles (fifth on the team), 20 tackles for loss (fifth in school history), 5 quarterback hurries, 3 forced fumbles, and 2 fumbles recoveries. Against the University of Texas, he had a career-high 11 tackles (3 for loss), 2 sacks, one forced fumble, and one fumble recovery.
As a junior, his role in the defense changed and his production regressed. He made 63 total tackles (third on the team), 9 tackles for loss, 1.5 sacks, 7 quarterback hurries, 4 passes defensed, 3 forced fumbles, and one fumble recovery. On January 3, 2018, he announced that he would forgo his senior year to enter the 2018 NFL Draft. He finished his career with 142 tackles and 15.5 sacks.
|Height||Weight||Arm length||Hand size||40-yard dash||10-yd split||20-yd split||20-ss||3-cone||Vert jump||Broad||BP|
|6 ft 3 5⁄8 in
|34 3⁄4 in
|4.87 s||4.23 s||7.12 s||30 in
|9 ft 10 in
|All values from NFL Combine|
Armstrong was drafted by the Dallas Cowboys in the fourth round (116th overall) of the 2018 NFL Draft. Armstrong made his first career start on October 14, 2018 against the Jacksonville Jaguars. He recorded his first career sack on November 5, in a game against the Tennessee Titans, a sack he split with Caraun Reid. He finished his rookie season with 13 total tackles, 8 solo, and a half of a sack and played in fifteen of the Cowboys sixteen games including one start.
- Nightengale, Bobby (July 19, 2017). "Beaty: It was a 'miracle' KU landed Dorance Armstrong in recruiting". KUSports.com. Retrieved April 3, 2018.
- "KU football finds shooting star in defensive end Dorance Armstrong". Retrieved April 28, 2018.
- "All-Big 12 Football Awards" (PDF). Big12Sports.com. Retrieved April 28, 2018.
- "Dorance Armstrong to skip senior year at KU, enter NFL Draft". Retrieved April 28, 2018.
- "NFL Events: Combine Player Profiles – Dorance Armstrong". NFL.com.
- "The Dallas Cowboys select Dorance Armstrong with the 116th pick in the 2018 NFL draft". BloggingTheBoys.com. April 28, 2018. Retrieved May 28, 2018.
- "Cowboys vs Jaguars gamebook" (PDF). NFL.com.