Donavon Frankenreiter on stage
|Born||December 10, 1972|
|Origin||Downey, California, United States|
|Occupation(s)||Singer, songwriter, guitarist|
|Labels||Lost Highway, Universal, Wrasse, Liquid Tambourine Records|
In November 2007, Donavon toured throughout Brazil on the Mostra Alma Surf Festival with bands, Animal Liberation Orchestra, G. Love and Matt Costa, along with Surf Artists Jay Alders, Nathan Gibbs, Céline Chat, Surf Photographer Sean Davey, and Surf Film Maker Sunny Abberton.
An acoustic EP of cover songs called Recycled Recipes landed in 2007, with the polished full-length Pass It Around following in 2008. For the Pass It Around Tour, Donavon teamed up with surf artist and friend, Jay Alders to design a Limited Edition Tour Poster.
In 2010 Donavon parted ways with Lost Highway Records, and formed his own label, Liquid Tambourine Records. He subsequently recorded and released his fourth studio album of original material entitled Glow, which was produced by Mark Weinberg.
- With Sunchild
- Mr Jesus (1994)
- Barefoot & Live (1997)
- California Honey (2000)
- The Galaxy Session (2009)
- Donavon Frankenreiter (2004) #165 US
- Move by Yourself (2006)
- The Abbey Road Sessions (DVD) (2006)
- Recycled Recipes EP (2007)
- Pass It Around (2008) Wrasse Records
- Donavon Alive in Tahiti (DVD) (2008)
- Revisited (2010)
- Glow (2010)
- Recycled Recipes, Vol. 2 EP (2011)
- Start Livin' (2012)
- The Heart (2015)
- Revisited 2 (2019)
- With Jack Johnson and G.Love
- Some Live Songs EP (2005)
Video game appearancesEdit
Frankenreiter is a playable character in the video game Kelly Slater's Pro Surfer.
- "MOSTRA ALMA SURF FEST: Surf Culture Reigns in Brazil | SURFER Magazine". Surfermag.com. 2010-07-22. Retrieved 2015-10-03.
- "Surf Art,Figurative,Yoga and Nature Inspired Art - Jay Alders Artist: Art Inspired by Surf, Love and Nature". Jay Alders. Retrieved 2015-10-03.
- "Flows and beats talking story with Donavon Frankenreiter"[dead link] See interview at: Archived December 18, 2010, at the Wayback Machine, Free Surf Magazine