Donald Joseph Bolen (born 7 February 1961), also known as Don Bolen, is a Canadian Roman Catholic prelate. He is the Archbishop of the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Regina, since his appointment by Pope Francis on 11 July 2016; having previously served as Bishop of the Roman Catholic Diocese of Saskatoon. Archbishop Bolen was born in Gravelbourg, Saskatchewan, in 1961, the son of Joseph and Rose. He was ordained a priest in 1991 for the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Regina, and was consecrated as a bishop on 25 March 2010 for the Diocese of Saskatoon.
|Archbishop of Regina|
|Church||Roman Catholic Church|
|Appointed||11 July 2016|
|Installed||14 October 2016|
|Predecessor||Daniel Joseph Bohan|
|Ordination||12 October 1991|
|Consecration||25 March 2010|
by Daniel Joseph Bohan
|Birth name||Donald Joseph Bolen|
|Born||7 February 1961|
Gravelbourg, Saskatchewan, Canada
|Previous post||Bishop of Saskatoon (2009–16)|
|Alma mater||University of Regina|
Saint Paul University
University of Oxford
|Motto||Mercy within mercy within mercy|
|Coat of arms|
- 1978-1984 (intermittently): B.A. Honours in Religious Studies at the University of Regina
- 1986-1989: B.Th. in Theology, Saint Paul University, Ottawa
- 1989-1990, 1993-94: M.Th. and Licentiate in Theology, Saint Paul University, Ottawa
- 1994-1997, 2000-2001: Work on D.Phil. in Theology, University of Oxford
- 1991-1993: Associate Pastor, Estevan
- 1994: Priest Moderator at Church of Our Lady, Moose Jaw
- 1997-1999: Priest Moderator, Milestone and Lang Parishes
- 1997-1999: Administrator, Paroisse St. Jean Baptiste, Regina
- 1997-2001: Faculty, Dept. of Religious Studies, Campion College, University of Regina
- 2000-2001: Priest Moderator, St. Jean-Baptiste, Regina
- 2001-2008: Staff member at the Pontifical Council for Promoting Christian Unity, Rome, staffing Anglican-Roman Catholic and Methodist-Roman Catholic relations and the preparation of texts for the Week of Prayer for Christian Unity. Served as Co-secretary of the Anglican-Roman Catholic International Commission (ARCIC), the International Anglican-Roman Catholic Commission for Unity and Mission (IARCCUM) and the Joint International Commission for Dialogue between the World Methodist Council and the Catholic Church.
- 2009: Nash Chair in Religion, Campion College, University of Regina
- 2009: Pastor of St. Joseph, Balgonie; St. Agnes, Pilot Butte; and St. Peter’s Colony, Kronau
- 2009: Vicar General of the Archdiocese of Regina
- 2010-2016: Bishop of Saskatoon
- 2016–present: Archbishop of Regina
Commissions and committeesEdit
- 1997-2001, 2009, Chair of Ecumenical Commission, Archdiocese of Regina
- 2018 to present: Member of the Episcopal Commission for Christian Unity, Religious Relations with the Jews, and Interfaith Dialogue
- 2012 to 2019: Co-Chair of the Anglican-Roman Catholic Dialogue in Canada
- 2014 to 2018: Chairman of the Episcopal Commission for Justice and Peace
- 2011 to 2018: Member of the Episcopal Commission for Justice and Peace
- 2012 to present: Member of the Pontifical Council for Promoting Christian Unity
- 2011 to present: Co-Chair of the International Anglican-Roman Catholic Commission for Unity and Mission (IARCCUM) 
- 2013 to 2016: Co-Chair of the Joint International Commission for Dialogue between the World Methodist Council and the Catholic Church
- 2009 to 2016: Member of the International Consultation Between the World Evangelical Alliance and the Catholic Church
- 2003 to 2008: Secretary of the International Anglican-Roman Catholic Commission for Unity and Mission (IARCCUM)
- 2003 to 2005: Secretary of the Anglican-Roman Catholic International Commission (ARCIC II)
- 2008: Awarded the Cross of St Augustine by Archbishop of Canterbury Rowan Williams for service to relations between the Catholic Church and the Anglican Communion (2008)
- 2009: Nash Lecturer, Campion College, University of Regina
- 2014: Honorary Fellow of the College of Emmanuel and St. Chad, University of Saskatchewan
- "Other Pontifical Acts". press.vatican.va.
- "Most Rev. Donald Bolen".
- [dead link]
- "Anglican-Roman Catholic". ecumenical-dialogue.ca.
- [dead link]
- "Unità dei Cristiani". www.christianunity.va.
- "Anglican-Roman Catholic Dialogue: Online resource centre for Anglican-Roman Catholic relations". iarccum.org.
- "Methodist-Roman Catholic International Commission (MERCIC)". www.christianunity.va.
- "International Consultation between the Catholic Church and the World Evangelical Alliance". www.christianunity.va.
- "Archbishop Donald Bolen ~ IARCCUM.org". iarccum.org.