Donald Applecore is a 1951 American animated short film directed by Jack Hannah and produced by Walt Disney. In the short film, Donald Duck is an apple farmer trying to save his crop from Chip and Dale.
|Directed by||Jack Hannah|
|Produced by||Walt Disney|
|Story by||Bill Berg|
|Music by||Joseph Dubin|
|Animation by||Bob Carlson|
Blaine Gibson (effects)
|Layouts by||Yale Gracey|
|Backgrounds by||Thelma Witmer|
|Distributed by||RKO Radio Pictures|
Donald the apple farmer notices his apples have been nibbled on and catches Chip and Dale in the act. His battle with them over their eating his apples escalates until he bombs them with atomic pellets. In the ensuing battle, Donald uses a helicopter to spray them (but they have tiny gas masks). And then he brings in the really heavy artillery. One of his hens eats a pellet, laying an egg bomb. It explodes while Donald is holding it, creating a hole that sends him all the way to China.
- Walt Disney Presents, episode #5.20: "The Adventures of Chip 'n' Dale"
- The New Mickey Mouse Club, episode C-003, January 19, 1977
- Good Morning, Mickey, episode #5
- Mickey's Mouse Tracks, episode #12
- Donald's Quack Attack, episode #3
- The Ink and Paint Club, episode #1.48: "The Return of Chip 'n' Dale"
The short was released on November 11, 2008 on Walt Disney Treasures: The Chronological Donald, Volume Four: 1951-1961.
Additional releases include:
- Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck Cartoon Collections, Volume 2 (VHS)
- The Adventures of Chip 'n' Dale (VHS)
- Walt Disney Cartoon Classics: Starring Chip 'n' Dale (VHS)
- Walt Disney Cartoon Classics: Starring Mickey & Minnie / Starring Chip 'n' Dale (LaserDisc)
- Melody Time (DVD)
- Chip 'n' Dale Volume 2: Trouble in a Tree (DVD)
Footage of this cartoon is shown in a film about the making of Donald Duck Orange Juice, except that the apples are recolored orange to look like oranges.