Donald Mario Stark (born July 5, 1954) is an American actor known for his role as Bob Pinciotti on the Fox Network sitcom That '70s Show for all eight seasons (1998–2006) and fictional Los Angeles Devils owner Oscar Kinkade in VH1's Hit the Floor, and Star Trek: First Contact (1996). He also provided the voice of Vincent in Father of the Pride (2004–2005).
Donald Mario Stark
July 5, 1954
New York City, New York, U.S.
Stark was born in New York City. His father, Nate Stark (1924–1978), was the manager of Wilson's House of Suede. He was known for his dry sense of humor, once saying, "Life is a s**t sandwich and every day you have to take another bite". Don's mother, Harriet (1926–1993), was a homemaker and a doting "Jewish mother".
Don graduated from Grover Cleveland High School in Reseda, California, in 1972. He played football for the school team, and he won leading roles in the theater arts department. He portrayed John in Dark of the Moon, Sky Masterson in Guys and Dolls, Tevye in Fiddler on the Roof, and, in an award-winning Shakespeare Festival scene, the title role in Othello.
Stark has an extensive background in dancing, bodybuilding and martial arts. Don is probably best recognized as Bob Pinciotti, the bumbling next-door neighbor of the Forman family and the father of Donna Pinciotti (Laura Prepon) on the FOX sitcom That '70s Show.
Don's roles in movies include Switchblade Sisters (1975), Tilt (1979), Evilspeak (1981), Peggy Sue Got Married (1986) and The Couch Trip (1988), as well as a small role as a clerk in the comedy film Feds (1988). He has also been a guest on Curb Your Enthusiasm, and had a small role in the Star Trek film Star Trek: First Contact. He had a small role in an episode of Supernatural as a victim of a ghost that had been summoned by ritual to murder. He also guest starred on Viper, Disney Channel's Cory in the House, Stargate SG-1 and CSI.
Stark appears in the first episode of the 1987 TV series Beauty and the Beast as one of the attackers who puts Linda Hamilton's character "Catherine" in Central Park where the beast, or "Vincent", played by Ron Perlman, finds her and helps her, which begins the series. He appeared as David in the film My Name is Jerry. He appeared as the Prime Minister of Russia in the episode of Cory in the House, "Air Force One Too Many". He plays the boss, Stan, in the web series Corey & Lucas For the Win. He also provided his voice for Rhino in few episodes of Spider-Man: The Animated Series.
One of his more recent appearances was as a mobster in the episode of Castle, "Murder He Wrote". He also had a small, uncredited role as a principal in Anger Management, "Charlie Lets Kate Take Charge". Stark plays the role of Oscar Kincade in the television series Hit the Floor. He played Uncle Frank in the 2015 film Hello, My Name Is Doris. He played Judge Talbertson in the 2017 Scorpion episode, "Who Let the Dog Out ('Cause Now It's Stuck In a Cistern')". Also in 2017, Stark played Bernie Greenfield, a drug-addicted Hollywood executive in There's...Johnny!.
- Switchblade Sisters (1975) - Hook
- Tilt (1979) - Gary Laswitz
- Evilspeak (1981) - Bubba Caldwell
- Choices (1981) - Lance
- Peggy Sue Got Married (1986) - Doug Snell
- The Couch Trip (1988) - Peterson
- Under the Gun (1988) - Joey
- Arthur 2: On the Rocks (1988) - Diner Customer
- Feds (1988) - Willy
- 9 1/2 Ninjas! (1991) - Sledge
- Liquid Dreams (1991) - Escort to Penthouse
- The Baby Doll Murders (1993) - Eric Green
- Freaked (1993) - Editor
- Lightning in a Bottle (1993) - Yard Messenger
- Revenge of the Red Baron (1994) - Detective Lewis
- Ring of Steel (1994) - Lt. Taylor
- 3 Ninjas Kick Back (1994) - Umpire
- Maverick (1994) - Riverboat Poker Player (uncredited)
- Spider-Man (1995-1997) - Rhino (voice)
- Night of the Running Man (1995) - Rodney
- 3 Ninjas Knuckle Up (1995) - Sheriff
- Things to Do in Denver When You're Dead (1995) - Gus
- Bombmeister (1995)
- Heaven's Prisoners (1996) - Eddie Keats
- Santa with Muscles (1996) - Lenny
- Star Trek: First Contact (1996) - Nicky the Nose
- Earth Minus Zero (1996) - John Wayne "J.W."
- Letters from a Killer (1998) - Geary
- American Dragons (1998) - Rocco
- California Myth (1999) - Marshall
- Goosed (1999) - Dick
- The 4th Tenor (2002) - Tony
- Slammed (2004) - Uncle Mack
- Dark House (2009) - Det. Gorog
- My Name Is Jerry (2009) - David
- Meeting Spencer (2011) - Wolfie
- John Carter (2012) - Dix the Storekeeper
- Wrong Cops (2013) - Gary
- Random Encounters (2013) - Dr. Tim
- Roswell FM (2014) - Howard Bellringo
- Hello, My Name Is Doris (2015) - Uncle Frank
- Safelight (2015) - Jack
- Monkey Up (2016) - Tucker (voice)
- Café Society (2016) - Sol
- C Street (2016) - Super
- There's...Johnny! (2017) - Bernie Greenfield
- Green Book (2018) - Jules Podell
- Shameless - Congressman Wayne Ubberman
- Walk to Vegas (2019)
|Wikiquote has quotations related to: Don Stark|