Don Seenu is a 2010 Indian Telugu-language action comedy film starring Ravi Teja and Shriya Saran in the lead roles while actor Srihari plays a key role in the film. Hindi actress Anjana Sukhani is also a part of the film, which is her debut in Telugu . Music has been scored by Mani Sharma and the film has been directed by a debutant Gopichand Malineni. Shriya has made her comeback in Telugu cinema after a long gap of 5 years. The film was released on 6 August 2010. The film's title is noted to be similar to Dubai Seenu, another Ravi Teja starrer. The film was dubbed into Hindi as Sabse Bada Don and was released in 2011. The film was remade in Bengali as Badsha The Don.
|Directed by||Gopichand Malineni|
|Produced by||R. R. Venkat|
V Suresh Reddy
|Written by||Gopichand Malineni|
|Music by||Mani Sharma|
|Edited by||Gowtam Raju Rao|
|Budget||₹30 crore |
|Box office||₹59.34 crore|
This story is all about an ambitious boy named Seenu alias Srinivasa Rao (Ravi Teja) who dreams of becoming a don. He always likes to be called as ‘Don’ Seenu since childhood due to the strong influence of the Amitabh Bachchan starrer ‘Don’. He grows up with just one passion - that of becoming the World's No: 1 Don. Thanks to his enterprising nature, he gains access to the cream of the city's dons, and uses his cleverness to play off the top two - Madhapur Machiraju (Sayaji Shinde) and Narsingh (Srihari), fierce rivals - against each other. Seenu wants to join one of these dons and grow up in the ranks. He joins hands with Machiraju. In the process he is given a task to go to Germany and win the heart of Narsing’s sister whose marriage is fixed with the son of the super don Naveen Duggal (Mahesh Manjrekar). Seenu goes to Germany and wins the heart of Deepthi (Shriya Saran) and later, he discovers that he was shown the wrong girl. The wrong girl is none another than the sister of Machiraju. Then when Machiraju discovers that his henchman is the one who showed the wrong girl, Machiraju attempts to kill his henchman. This leads to various turns in the plot. What happens next is all about how Seenu achieves his dream of becoming a don and live happily with Deepthi or does he?
- Ravi Teja as Srinivasa Rao aka Don Seenu, a die-hard fan of Amitabh Bachchan who adores his film Don a lot. Right from his childhood, he calls himself Don Seenu. His life ambition is to become a don in Hyderabad one day. He makes Deepti and Priya fall in love with him in Germany in order to achieve his ambition.
- Shriya Saran as Deepti, Machiraju's sister. As she is going to Germany, Seenu followed her, loved her, and thought she was Narsing's sister.
- Srihari as Narsing, a famous don in Hyderabad. Machiraju is his enemy in the race to dominate Hyderabad.
- Anjana Sukhani as Priya, Narsing's sister. As Seenu misunderstood that Deepti is Narsing's sister and made her fall in love with him, he also makes Priya fall in love with him.
- Sayaji Shinde as Madhapur Machiraju, another famous don in Hyderabad. As he wants to demolish Narsing from dominating Hyderabad, he sends Seenu, his worker, to woo Priya. Seenu soon makes Deepti fall in love with him. Machiraju starts to think of killing Seenu with Narsing's help.
- Kasthuri as Lakshmi, Seenu's sister and Narsing's wife. She and Narsing have a son.
- Brahmanandam as Vishwas
- Ali as Rama Rao / Rams
- Mahesh Manjrekar as Naveen Duggal / Duggalsaab
- Sudha as Seenu's mother
- Satyam Rajesh as Seenu's friend
- Raghubabu as Tambaraju (Narsing's henchman)
- Duvvasi Mohan as Narsing's gang member
- Raja Ravindra as Narsing's secret informer
- Brahmaji as Machiraju's henchman
- Surekha Vani as Machiraju's wife
- Raghu Karumanchi as Machiraju's henchman
- Fish Venkat as Machiraju's henchman
- Banerjee as Duggal's henchman
- Venu Madhav as Madhu Pitre
- Vijay Sai as Seenu's friend
- Nalla Venu as bar waiter
- Krishna Bhagawan
- Delhi Rajeswari
|Soundtrack album by|
|Released||22 July 2010|
|Genre||Feature film soundtrack|
|Mani Sharma chronology|
Don Seenu's soundtrack is composed by Mani Sharma. The soundtrack album, which was released on 22 July at Taj Deccan Hotel in Hyderabad, Noted director Dasari Narayana Rao released the first audio CD, whereas movie mughal D. Ramanaidu released the audio cassette. It features 6 songs, with one being a remix.
|1.||"Aidhella Vayasu"||Ramajogayya Sastry||Baba Sehgal||4:53|
|2.||"Raja Raja Ravi Teja"||Ramajogayya Sastry||Sri Krishna, Geetha Madhuri||4:15|
|3.||"Nayanakana"||Bhaskarabhatla Ravi Kumar||Venu, Rita, Bhargavi Pillai||4:11|
|5.||"Andhamemo Istaraku"||Bhaskarabhatla Ravi Kumar||Hemachandra , Malavika||4:17|
|6.||"Aidhella Vayasu (Remix)"||Ramajogayya Sastry||Baba Sehgal||3:14|
The film was released on 6 August 2010 in India and ran for over 50 days in theatres.
A reviewer for Indiaglitz called the screenplay an "eyesore", noting an imbalance in pacing between the first and second halves. Praise was directed at Ravi Teja's performance as well as the abundance of humour throughout the film.
- "Don Seenu in Overseas - idlebrain.com - Ravi Teja & Shriya". Idlebrain.com. Retrieved 4 September 2010.
- 4 September 2010. "Great India Films Releasing Don seenu Movie overaseas". TollywoodAndhra.com. Retrieved 4 September 2010.
- "Don Seenu". Cinema.com.my. Retrieved 4 September 2010.
- "don seenu review movie talk film ratings don seenu review movie talk". Maastars.com. 6 August 2010. Retrieved 4 September 2010.
- "Ravi Teja | Ravi Teja Don Seenu | Don Seenu | Don Seenu release | Ravi Teja Don Seenu release August | Sriya Saran | Sri Hari | Don Seenu release August 6". Supergoodmovies.com. 2 August 2010. Retrieved 4 September 2010.
- "Shriya in Ravi Teja's film". Sify.com. 2 March 2010. Retrieved 4 September 2010.
- "Shriya replaces Trisha in RT's film - Telugu Movie News". IndiaGlitz.com. Retrieved 4 September 2010.
- "Shriya is Don Seenu". Movies.indiatimes.com. 3 March 2010. Retrieved 4 September 2010.
- "Anjana Sukhani in 'Don Seenu'". Movies.indiatimes.com. 5 March 2010. Retrieved 4 September 2010.
- "Actress Anjana Sukhani | Telugu Debut | Movie Don Seenu | Ravi Teja | Shreya Saran - Oneindia Entertainment". Entertainment.oneindia.in. 5 March 2010. Archived from the original on 10 July 2012. Retrieved 4 September 2010.
- "Anjana Sukhani to make her Telugu debut". Andhracafe.com. 17 February 2007. Retrieved 4 September 2010.
- "Actress Shreya Saran | Comeback Tollywood | Don Seenu | Ravi Teja | Replaced Trisha - Oneindia Entertainment". Entertainment.oneindia.in. 3 March 2010. Archived from the original on 12 July 2012. Retrieved 4 September 2010.
- "Shriya is back in Tollywood!". Sify.com. 3 March 2010. Retrieved 4 September 2010.
- "Don Seenu's audio and website launched". Oneindia.in. Archived from the original on 8 December 2010. Retrieved 30 April 2010.
- "Telugu Cinema News - Telugu Movie Reviews". Indiaglitz.com. Archived from the original on 20 November 2010. Retrieved 17 October 2018.
- "Telugu Cinema News - Telugu Movie Reviews - Telugu Movie Trailers". Indiaglitz.com. Retrieved 17 October 2018.