Bedggood in 2018
|Born||18 September 1994|
|Height||172 cm (5 ft 8 in)|
Bedggood was born on 18 September 1994 in Southport, a suburb of Queensland's Gold Coast. He was originally a gymnast but turned to diving after breaking his back in a high bar routine gone wrong. Bedggood started diving at the age of sixteen. At the 2014 Commonwealth Games in Glasgow, Scotland, he won the Men's Synchronised 10m platform with Matthew Mitcham. At the 2015 World Aquatics Championships in Kazan, Russia, he teamed with Melissa Wu to win a bronze medal in the Mixed 10m Synchronised.
At the 2018 Commonwealth Games on the Gold Coast, Queensland, Bedggood won a gold medal in the Men's 10m platform and bronze medals in the Men's 3m Synchronized (with Matthew Carter) and the Men's 10m Synchronized (alongside Dec Stacey).
Bedggood trains at the Brisbane Aquatic Centre.
- "Bedggood, Domonic". springertag-rostock.de. Internationaler Springertag Rostock. Archived from the original on 17 November 2015. Retrieved 14 September 2015.
- "dAIS Athlete Stories – Domonic Bedggood". Australian Sports Commission website. Retrieved 27 July 2015.
- "Domonic Bedggood results". 2014 Glasgow Commonwealth Games website. Retrieved 27 July 2015.
- "Divers win two bronze and qualify team for Rio". Australian Olympic Committee News, 26 July 2015. Retrieved 27 July 2015.
- "Domonic Bedggood". Athlete profile. Gold Coast 2018. Retrieved 14 April 2018.