Dominik Kubalík (born 21 August 1995) is a Czech professional ice hockey player for the Chicago Blackhawks of the National Hockey League (NHL). He was selected in the seventh round (191st overall) by the Los Angeles Kings during the 2013 NHL Entry Draft.
21 August 1995|
Plzeň, Czech Republic
|Height||6 ft 2 in (188 cm)|
|Weight||179 lb (81 kg; 12 st 11 lb)|
|National team||Czech Republic|
191st overall, 2013|
Los Angeles Kings
Kubalík spent the 2012–13 season with the Sudbury Wolves of the Ontario Hockey League (OHL). After scoring 34 points in 67 games, he was selected in the seventh round (191st overall) by the Los Angeles Kings in the 2013 NHL Entry Draft.
On 8 April 2014, Kubalík returned to HC Plzeň.
On 24 January 2019, Kubalík's NHL rights were traded to the Chicago Blackhawks in exchange for a 2019 fifth-round pick. He finished the 2018–19 season with 57 points in 50 games, and was named the Switzerland Hockey National League's most valuable player.
On 29 May 2019, the Blackhawks signed Kubalík to a one-year, $925,000 contract.
On 10 October 2019, Kubalík scored his first career NHL goal in a 5–4 loss to the San Jose Sharks. On 27 February 2020, Kubalík recorded his first career NHL hat-trick in a 5–2 victory over the Tampa Bay Lightning. All 3 of Kubalík's goals came in the third period. He finished the regular season with 30 goals and 16 assists for 46 points in 68 games. On 15 July 2020, Kubalík was named a finalist for the Calder Memorial Trophy (alongside Quinn Hughes and Cale Makar), which is awarded to the league's best first-year player.
The Blackhawks met the Edmonton Oilers in the 2020 Qualifying Round. In Game 1 of the series, Kubalík recorded 2 goals and 3 assists in a 6–4 win. His 5 points were the most scored in an NHL postseason debut in league history.
Kubalík's older brother, Tomáš, was a fifth-round draft pick by the Columbus Blue Jackets in the 2008 NHL Entry Draft, and played 12 games for the organization. He currently plays for HC Vítkovice Ridera in the Czech Extraliga.
Regular season and playoffsEdit
|2014–15||BK Havlíčkův Brod||Czech.1||4||1||1||2||4||—||—||—||—||—|
Awards and honorsEdit
|PostFinance Top Scorer||2019|
- "HC Plzen". Elite Prospects.
- "Dallas Stars Prospect Update: Radek Faksa, Gemel Smith Traded Within The OHL".
- "Dosavadní vývoj hráčského kádru". HC Škoda Plzeň. Retrieved 8 April 2014.
- Ambrì-Piotta, HC (25 August 2017). "HC Ambrì-Piotta confirms signing of Dominik Kubalik".
- "Blackhawks acquire Dominik Kubalik". Chicago Blackhawks. 24 January 2019. Retrieved 24 January 2019.
- "Dominik Kubalík elected "MVP" of the 2018-19 regular season". Swiss Hockey News. Retrieved 8 March 2019.
- "RELEASE: Blackhawks agree to terms with Kubalik". Chicago Blackhawks. 29 May 2019. Retrieved 29 May 2019.
- Roumeliotis, Charlie. "Instant reaction: Sharks overcome four deficits as Blackhawks drop home opener". NBC Sports Chicago. Retrieved 10 October 2019.
- "Hat Trick For Kubalik As Blackhawks Rally Past Tampa Bay Lightning". CBS Chicago. Retrieved 27 February 2020.
- Satriano, David. "Calder Trophy finalists announced". National Hockey League. Retrieved 15 July 2020.
- Seravalli, Frank. "NHL outlines 24-team return-to-play format, June 26 Draft Lottery". TSN.ca. Retrieved 26 May 2020.
- Morreale, Mike G. "Blackhawks defeat Oilers in Game 1 of Cup Qualifiers". National Hockey League. Retrieved 1 August 2020.